VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Automotive tire Plant Automotive exhaust Drinkware Muffler
True .... And do not use these soft aftermarket exhaust gaskets ... There even worse ... So STOCK gaskets are much better then aftermarket.
Also did you see the exhaust flanges of the aftermarket pipes ? I smoothen them out already
Auto part Gas Circle Technology Metal
Musical instrument Grass Wind instrument Automotive wheel system Automotive tire

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I get your point, but being that hard and not sealing can cause cold air to get sucked in there too... for the most part if Lloydz uses it I would say they know what they're doing. He's pulled apart a LOT of bikes and if those softer gaskets are what he recommends then I'd be inclined to use them myself.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I prefer the OEM crush gaskets. Call me crazy....
True, i went back to the stock aluminium stock gasket also ... Coz when i removed my exhaust the soft gasket was all squized inside the hole,
BUT, it seals easier then the aluminium, coz te RPW flange was not machined nicely, now i grinded the new flat surface so hopefully the exhaust will not leak

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
True, i went back to the stock aluminium stock gasket also ... Coz when i removed my exhaust the soft gasket was all squized inside the hole,
BUT, it seals easier then the aluminium, coz te RPW flange was not machined nicely, now i grinded the new flat surface so hopefully the exhaust will not leak
RPW pipes, OEM gaskets, no leaks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.