VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying some victory stage 1 slip ons that are on ebay today.
Honestly I know nothing about what has to be done to re-map this thing. The seller says the map card comes with it. Do have to take this to the dealer? I'm sure I can put the mufflers on.
Anyone have this exhaust or heard it? I want something a little louder than factory just not ear-crushing.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
the slip-ons should not require a re-map. They are about 30 percent louder but a lot more throaty. I like them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just ordered the stage one slip-ons. I will have the put on mid January and cant wait. They say they do require a remapping so I am going to let the dealer install them

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

satxron said:
the slip-ons should not require a re-map. They are about 30 percent louder but a lot more throaty. I like them.
HUH??? They DEFINATLY require a remap. Without mapping the bike will be to rich on the bottom, and lean on the top.That is why they come with a card. In answer to the original question; yes a dealer has to do the re-map. Vic does not release the software needed to the public

·
Registered
92 Posts

KevinX,
What's your take on D&D's website showing their slipons for 08 and up bikes? They say that you can install them over your lunch hour and gain several hp/torque. Is that claim based solely on gains and not on rideability? Their dyno video doesn't show what happens between shifts and during decel. Too easy?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
top_pin said:
I am thinking of buying some victory stage 1 slip ons that are on ebay today.
Honestly I know nothing about what has to be done to re-map this thing. The seller says the map card comes with it. Do have to take this to the dealer? I'm sure I can put the mufflers on.
As stated above, they do require remapping. But if you like to work on your bike, slap them on yourself and ride over to the dealer (as long as he is not to far). I enjoy pulling out a wrench every once in a while for certain things...

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Don't forget you will also need the Stage 1 air filter. What year bike do you have? I have two K&N filtersfor the older style air boxes (think 2007 and under) if you need one.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
They are on my bike without a single pop on decel and no remap. No dead throttle spots and it all seems to be running fine.

Hmm, maybe the remap causes the popping :). Am I somehow hurting my bike?

Sorry for the bad information.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I have an 03. I ended up not buying them. I think the sound is exactly what I want but I would like something different from the factory look. Thanks for all the great info.
I'll keep looking, I've been leaning toward the d and d's but I'd really like to hear them before I buy.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Glenn,
No real popping issues on the slip ons. They were the first set I had and you really had to work hard to get them to pop. It just wasn't the look I was going for.
Don

·
Registered
46 Posts
with 03 bikes all you should need is a stage one flash we have a new slip on muffler coming in 2 weeks slash out 31/2" body billet end cap 21/4 in baffle 03 bikes should not be poping like 08 and up throw a good after market air cleaner on if you can it will wake your bike up!!!! Rossco RPWUSA

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
So, I stop at the dealer today to talk about the possible or probable mistake I have made about the K&N filter and slip-on exhaust without a re-map.

1- They have no Dyno
2- No techs have been to Victory school
3- They input my VIN and get a Code just like every other and put it on. He explained I can't just put any ole stage 1 code in it has to my private one. (Surely that is so Victory makes sure they get paid per code).
4- They have no way to check air fuel levels. They test by test driving to see if it is running right. It runs right now??. I am concerned with lean and heat cause I tend to believe what Kevin says.
5- They charge $160.00 to do this.

I guess my question really is, if the bike runs fine now and I leave the bike there for a full day and get it back then pay them $160.00, did anything significant really happen?

Significant lean, I am thinking would evidence itself in blue heat shield at the highest points at the manifold. No discoloration now. But big lean conditions heat up heads and increase motor wear.

I guess I need to find a Dyno first then a Dyno after I pay these people $160.00.

Dang!

·
Registered
409 Posts
You can also try a power commander and set the mix yourself. There are a few brands out there. Just make sure it is for your year bike. You can get them off E-bay or you can also try http://www.kingpincruisers.net

They have a online store sort of.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Thanks, I am thinking on that. Was looking as the Ness stuff but Don gave that a bad report.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

satxron said:
Thanks, I am thinking on that. Was looking as the Ness stuff but Don gave that a bad report.
That's is the understatement of the year, I think my actual term was POFS...lol The one I got from Lloydz cost a couple of bucks morebut Lloyd picked up the phone and called me to walk me through some settings. I dont think you want tosit by your phone waiting for Arlen to call...lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.