Exhaust input, please! | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Exhaust input, please!

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by AKFreedom907, Jun 10, 2020.

1. AKFreedom907

AKFreedom907 New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2016 Gunner
    First post, so forgive me if my question has been beat to death.
    I just picked up a 2016 completely stock Gunner and I freaking love it! But the stock exhaust leaves a little to be desired and the look just clashes with the bike, my opinion.
    Problem is that I live in Alaska and there just aren’t many Victories up here, crap load of Harley’s, more money than brains I suppose, so as a consequence I don’t have a shop anywhere nor do I have any homies that have done intake/exhaust jobs. I’m looking to you all for some input on mods.
    I’m looking primarily for great sound with good, not ear plug requiring volume. This bike has balls so I don’t really care about an extra foot pound or two at this point. I also don’t want to put my engine at risk, back to the no service shop point. I am mechanically savvy.
    Any conversation would be greatly appreciated.
    Peace.
    Mike

2. jmstang302

jmstang302 Well-Known Member

2009 Vegas 2008 VISION 2013 XC. 13 Vegas 8 Ball
    https://www.noemtz.com/

Contact Noe he can hook you up. Supply you with parts and knowledge to make your bike sound great and run better than you thought possible.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Here’s my thoughts but you probably aren’t going to like it. Making the bike sound fast without adding power is for posing. RPW and Conquest Customs are my favorite exhaust manufacturers for Victory, because they look great and perform great. You can swap the exhaust, unplug the O2 sensors (use the search function to find out the procedure for that on 2016 or 2017 models cause it’s different than just unplugging them like earlier models) and you can run safely just like that. But if you add an intake and a fuel programmer you’re going to see that even though initially stock seems to have balls, it doesn’t. These motors are CHOKED from the factory to pass epa regs. Opening them up and a little tuning does wonders. See if you can find someone who’s done it and disagrees :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. wvrider1

wvrider1 Well-Known Member

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    Welcome! Good advice from stang there. @NOEMTZ can sell you the pipes and a remote tune. The more you start reading about these you'll see as Bob mentioned, they run LEAN from the factory.

Finally:worthless:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    The Boys at Conquest Customs can hook you up. Use Spectro oil Golden4 20/40 semi synthetic.
    Incase you ask later.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. RazorGunner

RazorGunner Active Member

Victory Gunner
    Congrats on the Gunner! I’ve got a 2015 Gunner. I’d imagine some awesome views while riding there.
    I have done very little to mine since I got it but the info is spot on with the shops the guys named.
    Those shops know Victory and how to get a rumble that suits you!

7. 13SicVic

13SicVic Well-Known Member

2013 Victory Cross Country
    welcome to the Vog.
    You have come to a place with a lot of experience (Not Me) and knowledge that is freely shared. I have benefited and appreciated it in my decisions on upgrades.
    My bike has been unleashed compared to how it was stock and I’ve been enjoying the hell out of it.
    My performance mods got me up to 110 HP and 115 foot pounds of torque. Not as high as some but it’s just a number if you are satisfied with the bikes performance.
    It sounds as if you probably don’t have a tried and true Vic mechanic in your area so as far as a fuel controller you may want to consider a Maximus over a Power Commander V since it can be remotely tuned.
    Enjoy that sweet bike and what you are about to turn it into

8. AKFreedom907

AKFreedom907 New Member

2016 Gunner
    Dang, you guys are on it!
    Hit hit up a couple outfits and I have to say that Scott over at conquest was awesome to talk to. I wasn’t really even considering ground pounders until he brought them up (I know he makes them so take with a grain of salt) and once I started doing my own research I have found that people love these things.
    They have great sound, performance (I know slightly contrary to my initial post) and look mean which goes with the bobber look. He also promised full support if I used his products. Kind of jacked.

• Like Like x 2
  9. wvrider1

wvrider1 Well-Known Member

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    @PreachSF post up here regular, he works with Scott. Ask about a underdrive pulley (UDP) while you are at it. Sold by Conquest. Easy job. Won't affect the tune, does make your grin biger.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. AKFreedom907

AKFreedom907 New Member

2016 Gunner
    Roger that. Unfortunately I don’t quite have an unlimited budget as I just dropped some coin picking the bike up initially. That being said we have long winters, which provides opportunity to save up for and work on sweet stuff for the Gunner.
    I do plan on going with an intake, exhaust and fuel control on the initial job. Not cheap, and the shipping doesn’t help, $200 just for the pipes. I want to do it right and not damage my engine.
    Damn doing the right thing!
    @PreachSF i’d love to get you opinion on the intake and fuel control.

11. Known1

Known1 Well-Known Member

2013 Cross Country Tour
    Just an FYI that you may not have thought of. Ground pounders create a metric sh!t ton of dust! If you live on a dirt/gravel road or frequent places with unpaved parking lots, you may want to think twice about selecting ground pounders.

Personally, I freaking hate them for that very reason. I've seen it time and time again. A huge group of spotless bikes instantly get dirty as soon as that guy with the sweet sounding ground pounders pulls into the lot and starts looking for a place to park. Of course he has to go up and down the parking lot at least twice to ensure that every single bike gets a sh!t ton of dust on it.

• Funny Funny x 6
  12. RazorGunner

RazorGunner Active Member

Victory Gunner
    Ahh the advantages of the Gunner! Matte Titanium finish, no chrome. Just rinse and go...
    Dust...that’s the other guys problem :devil3::cussing:

Just kidding. May not make many friends in an unpaved parking lot motorcycle gathering kicking up a sandstorm reminiscent of ancient times.

13. AKFreedom907

AKFreedom907 New Member

2016 Gunner
    It sounds like upon installing these particular pipes I will have to be diligent about practicing the golden rule:
    Don’t be a douche.

• Like Like x 2
  14. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    I can confirm that Conquest Customs is a top shelf company. Extremely helpful when I had questions on my brake upgrades and suspension upgrades. And while I’ve said my peace on the sound coming out of exhausts, I will also confirm that while I dislike loud, the GP’s do sound amazing. Everything else is just loud. I think you will also find it quite common that many of us here have spent much more than the actual cost of the best parts trying to do it cheaper first with less than the best parts only to replace them later with the actual best parts. As an example I took the stock headlight, bought 25 dollar super something sylvania auto bulbs that were brighter, but burned out in a couple months. Dealer tells me that’s cause auto bulbs have thinner filiment, not meant for the vibration of motorcycles. Here’s some PIAA Motorcycle super bright bulbs, another 50 bucks each. Then came another hundred or two to go with an HID set up. Then another 150 for a Chinese knockoff LED. It sucked worse than the original stock. So far I’d already spent over 400 bucks easy trying to get that awesome bright yet also cool looking headlight, and each time it wasn’t right. Then finally got a 330 dollar JW Speaker adaptive LED from Conquest. Sumbitch this thing is awesome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. PreachSF

PreachSF Well-Known Member

Bullitt (07 Hammer S w/ Jackpot front end)
    @AKFreedom907 -

Best Intake for Vics is the Lloydz Torque Tube Intake

Tuners - i have 3 that i can recommend :

1 - Lloydz VFC3 : good budget tuner, can add but not take away fuel, will get you to a safe AFR with Intake and Pipes but leaves some power on the table as its not super tunable like the other 2 tuners i am going to mention

2 - Power Commander 5 : excellent tuner, will maximize the power from your upgrades, can adjust timing over 2500rpm .. will have to take to a dyno to have your bike mapped ( UNLESS you buy the intake, pipes and pc5 from us, Conquest Customs .. you buy those 3 pieces and we load a FULLY tuned map into the pc5 for you .. NOT a basic canned map)

3 - Maximus : this is a great tuner, and the most expensive to purchase AND tune. for best results with the maximus i would recommend a remote tune from @NOEMTZ or Ryan Randall at Indian Charlotte. it requires you to install the tuner and you have to go on runs with your bike to get the map fine tuned.

The maximus tune is the best out of the 3 because you are riding on the actual road for your tune, as opposed to a dyno roller with the pc5. But it really comes down to how much you want to spend

If you have any questions, feel free to call the shop and talk to Scott at any time. 561-715-9494 , our phone is our countertop

also see

Victory, Indian & Harley Motorcycle Parts | Custom Bikes & Exhausts

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1