VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an '09 Jackpot, and it's not even delivered yet, but I'm already thinking about the mods I want. I like the cleaned up LED tail-light look and the slash/swept type exhaust.

I don't need any more power -- I just like the look of the exhaust. If I install aftermarket exhaust, do I have to install anything else to prevent a lot of backfiring or other problem -- or are a new intake, etc just required if it's power I'm after?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

tpetty said:
I just bought an '09 Jackpot, and it's not even delivered yet, but I'm already thinking about the mods I want. I like the cleaned up LED tail-light look and the slash/swept type exhaust.

I don't need any more power -- I just like the look of the exhaust. If I install aftermarket exhaust, do I have to install anything else to prevent a lot of backfiring or other problem -- or are a new intake, etc just required if it's power I'm after?
Any after market pipes will require a new map download and a air filter at a min. You will have popping, no way around it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you mean the Stage 1 Swept system from Victory's catalog? Looks like it includes filter, air box cover, and EFI calibration for $850. Is this the dealer installed cost? The closest dealer to me is 2 hours away. Can I install this? I've installed exhaust on my Mean Streak, but I've never messed with EFI calibration.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

tpetty said:
Do you mean the Stage 1 Swept system from Victory's catalog? Looks like it includes filter, air box cover, and EFI calibration for $850. Is this the dealer installed cost? The closest dealer to me is 2 hours away. Can I install this? I've installed exhaust on my Mean Streak, but I've never messed with EFI calibration.
You can install the pipes, filter, and cover, but will need to pay dealer for the install of the new calibration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone know the typical cost for the dealer calibration? Looks like I can get the stage 1 kit off ebay for around $500, however it's the 50 state version. I assume this has a sensor that I don't need? Will this still work fine if I don't have a Cal. bike?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

Yes nice car
I am in same boat I have an 08 JP and I want to upgrade the exhaust and would love some ground pounders but I hear about the poping and I dont know what to get. I am at a loss on the whole exhaust thing. I bought t he bike thought exhaust was easy. I know with car you just put some Flowmasters on and a way you go no popping. 08 JP I am confused good luck and lets know what you get and how it works out.
Let's see some pic's of theJP when you get it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The GS is fun. It's a '70 with a numbers matching 455 and functional hood scoops/ram air. A torque monster. Had a body off restoration a few years ago. Don't actually drive it much now that I started motorcycling again -- most nice days I've been on my Mean Streak rather than the convertible.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

kevinx01 said:
Bolts right up. I'm not sure, but I believe the 50 state has cats. Only way to be sure is to pull a baffle, and check it. If it has cats then you can cut them off the baffles, and use the card for the 49 state map.
That is where they hide the cat??? Damn, learn something new everyday!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.