VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2016 CC. With 21k miles . With bighonkers. I' m headed to coastal vic/Indian for engine upgrades next week.
Looks as if most vic owners r running the VM1 DR CAMS. Is anyone running the LSC or the HPT CAMS? How do they compare to your buddies vic????. I would like to be quicker than the guy next to me....

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I have 2016 CC. With 21k miles . With bighonkers. I' m headed to coastal vic/Indian for engine upgrades next week.
Looks as if most vic owners r running the VM1 DR CAMS. Is anyone running the LSC or the HPT CAMS? How do they compare to your buddies vic????. I would like to be quicker than the guy next to me....
with Big Honkers I would recommend the LSC. Those cams might give you 1-2 less peak HP, but the area you normally ride in will be MUCH stronger

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Well there you have it some of the only advice you need to consider from a pro...

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have the Lsc. Unless your treating the roads as a drag strip you'll have more usable power from the lsc cams. By usable power i mean the power will be available for you in the rpm band where you do the majority of your riding. I hope my explanation helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It looks to me like the LSC cams make the best average power across the tach.... They don't give up much upstairs for it either.
If u spend a lot of time doin 40mph in 6th gear like I do. The LSC curve makes about 100lb tq at 2000rpm....this means I don' have to down shift anymore when I'm ready to turn on the gas. U just go....the down side is that , at low speeds like that the bike can be a little jumpy so u have to have smooth throttle control. Just to keep from snapping ur girls head off her shoulders. I called Lloyds and thus is what his shop told me . Based on my riding style and my BIG HONKERS..

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
If u spend a lot of time doin 40mph in 6th gear like I do. The LSC curve makes about 100lb tq at 2000rpm
Why you would want to be in 6th at 40 mph I don't know... that's like 1200 rpm.
2000 rpm in 6th is closer to 60 mph.

That 100 ft-lbs @ 2000 rpm is only at full throttle. It doesn't make that at part throttle..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why u ask??
Because some of the highways I ride on. Have 60mph speed limits and drop to 35 when coming into a town.
And u r right. Our bike won't run that slow in 6th it wants to stall out. But that has not stopped me from doin it anyway......lug lug lug

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.