VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out yesterday and noticed the engine light blinking every now and then.
I didn't know what to do next. For some reason I toggled the switch thaat changes between trip odometers and start seeing Error. It went from 7 to 1, with a bunch of numbers. THEN I read the manual. Apparently the codes are not stored. They day before my iPod locked up. Could this be related?
Would you continue to ride to see if the codes come back?
The bike ran fine, although I may have smelled raw gas but not sure if it was me.
I'm guessing that the Vision has the same diagnostics package and I could get some advice here.

·
Registered
471 Posts

Thank goodness for warranty! The entire electronics system on the bike is a weak link IMHO. iPod killers, gas guage problems, EFI pops, stalls, backfires, harsh re-engagement on the cruise, etc, etc. Needs work or a fresh pc. of paper!
RR

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Take it to the dealer...why mess around?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Going to the dealers.
The one code I recorded, 03 #168, is an indication of abnormally higher voltage.
It's time for my 500 mile service anyway.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I would take the battery cable off, let every thing reset itself and see what happens. Actually, maybe the cable is loose. Smatta, this is the first I have read about this.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
only day I ever saw what he did was after I washed the bike and let it sit overnight without ever running it. Obviously I got something wet that didn't like to get wet or there's somewhere that water can pool up.

Anyhow, hasn't happened again since. As RR says, hey it's warranted if it breaks, they'll fix it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Just got back from the dealer's, who couldn't have been more concerned about this problem.
Turns out it was the battery cables, which were both loose. The error codes were consistent with loose or intermittent connections.
I was due for the 500 mile service, so it was worth the trip. Got the misses a sweet Victory jacket, and I had the Kury ISO grips and Kewlmetal grip end helmet locks installed.
All in all a good day.
Kancamaugus Highway tomorrow!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Great, see the sky was not falling!! :) Now go ride and SMILE!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

300 miles today without a hiccup. I swear that as this thing loosens up it gets better.
And my new windshield rocks!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

elooker said:
What windshield did you get? Do you have pictures? Is the buffeting gone?
Gustafsson Plastics +2" Euroflip in clear.
http://www.bikescreen.com/
Search for Victory.
That's BigMex's bike in the picture.
I'm 5'10" with a 33 inch inseam. The buffeting from the front is almost gone. I might have considered the +4". I can still see over the +2", I was concerned I'd have to look thru the +4". Most of the buffeting now comes up from the lower area.
It did cut down substantially on wind noise which I am very sensitive to. I can really hear how noisy the tranny is, except 5th gear.
Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.