VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I bought a beautiful Vegas a month ago. From a really cool guy. I had a lot of different types of bikes over the many years years. But when I saw the victory Vegas For the first time I absolutely was drawn to it. Didn’t have a bike for 15 years. Because of kids work and lack of time but now that the kids are older and dad is a pain in the arse I wanted to ride again. So I grew my
Hair and started the search. And victory was my target. Crushed when I saw they closed shop so used was the way I had to go. Found this 08 Vegas with incredibly low mileage meticulously maintained and it became mine. Knowing the the The title reg transfer had to wait because of this virus the dude I bought it from let me keep it at my house so I could do some custom additions I wanted to do. Yesterday it was a beautiful day here in NE Pa and there were riders everywhere except me. I’m chomping at the bit to ride my new baby. Now Pa is talking about opening business in aug. it’s not fair. Ugh.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Dude, you chose the name Zen3 and you are becoming stir crazy!?
Clearly there is no hope for the rest of us.

I would shop over at the Hate Winter thread. They may have a few pointers of how to get through this.

I hear sitting on the bike in the garage and making vroom vroom noises is pretty popular.

Stay strong my friend. This too shall pass.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Zen is my god given name. Believe or not it's ethnic from Poland. 3 is I'm the third obviously after my dad and gramps. I have two brothers. Mike and Matt. I was cursed being the firs born. I'll try your virtual riding thing. But alone in the shop. I don't want people to confirm I'm nuts.
I feel your pain. I have an unusual name as well. Lucky first born, huh?
I have done the virtual riding thing. The turns can be a little tricky.

Reactions: normthenomad

·
Registered
610 Posts
I would ride it anyway, if they pull you over just cough, then tell them the DMV is closed and you didn't have a choice. Maybe bring the title with you as proof?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Get Insurance and ride the bike! If you have a letter of purchase and are insured, most cops are going to understand. I rode my Vision for several weeks before the previous owner's lienholder released it to me.

Reactions: primethious

·
Registered
3 Posts
Man I bought a beautiful Vegas a month ago. From a really cool guy. I had a lot of different types of bikes over the many years years. But when I saw the victory Vegas For the first time I absolutely was drawn to it. Didn't have a bike for 15 years. Because of kids work and lack of time but now that the kids are older and dad is a pain in the arse I wanted to ride again. So I grew my
Hair and started the search. And victory was my target. Crushed when I saw they closed shop so used was the way I had to go. Found this 08 Vegas with incredibly low mileage meticulously maintained and it became mine. Knowing the the The title reg transfer had to wait because of this virus the dude I bought it from let me keep it at my house so I could do some custom additions I wanted to do. Yesterday it was a beautiful day here in NE Pa and there were riders everywhere except me. I'm chomping at the bit to ride my new baby. Now Pa is talking about opening business in aug. it's not fair. Ugh.
View attachment 549

Attachments

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Man I bought a beautiful Vegas a month ago. From a really cool guy. I had a lot of different types of bikes over the many years years. But when I saw the victory Vegas For the first time I absolutely was drawn to it. Didn't have a bike for 15 years. Because of kids work and lack of time but now that the kids are older and dad is a pain in the arse I wanted to ride again. So I grew my
Hair and started the search. And victory was my target. Crushed when I saw they closed shop so used was the way I had to go. Found this 08 Vegas with incredibly low mileage meticulously maintained and it became mine. Knowing the the The title reg transfer had to wait because of this virus the dude I bought it from let me keep it at my house so I could do some custom additions I wanted to do. Yesterday it was a beautiful day here in NE Pa and there were riders everywhere except me. I'm chomping at the bit to ride my new baby. Now Pa is talking about opening business in aug. it's not fair. Ugh.
Welcome, and congratulations. Victory is the motorcycle I always wanted. Been riding for 57 yrs. by the way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been a Harley guy since 2004, but my daughter bought an '07 Vegas 8-ball a few years ago and I've come to love that bike! Enough so that I've been keeping my eyes open on Craigslist. Not many to be found in Vermont. We never had a Victory dealer in the state. We had 2 Harley dealers, now down to one. No Indian dealers. Sometimes I wish I lived in a slightly bigger state!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.