VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being new to Victory just under a year I cant seem to figure out why Victory does not have a entry level Motorcycle.
Has anyone ever heard of Victory looking to go with more of an entry level Motorcycle? The reason I ask is that I have never seenor heard anything on more of an entry level bike or Victory looking tomake one. The problem is this as my wife now wants to ride andloves my 08 jackpot but there is no way she wants to ride that. To big to heavy so today Igot to go look at this ummm 883 Motorcycle thing. She fell in love with it so now I get to park my JP next to an IRON 883 but I have to say that it is a goodMotorcycle and I can whysheliked it.
I just think Victory is leaving so much on the table not having more of what I would call an entry level Motorcycle with a better price point as well.
Oh well just mythoughts. 10 years and no enrty level Motorcycle.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
I think almost everybody agrees with you but Victory. Victory makes a very good looking line of big bikes. Good performance, and a wide range of accessories.

It could be argued that getting them on a smaller first bike gets them branded so they would normally graduate up to one of the big bikes. I think if they had a 750ish bike they would sell them. But again they would sell them in small numbers.

Victory is still a boutique or niche brand. It will be a long time to never before they carve out a real market share. Japan Inc. for the last 50 years has a dealer on every corner and every size and type of bike anybody would ever want.

Harley has no competition, they sell a lifestyle, the bikes are incidental to many of the buyers.

The 883 is a good dependable bike. It will run for a very long time trouble free.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is what the 883 or the Metric bikes are for. I personally like to buy a cheaper metric and then upgrade a year or two later and recoup 90% of my investment. As forVictory the Vegas Low is it.

·
Registered
326 Posts

I'm sure it's an expense versus profibility issue. Victory is just too small yet to have something for everyone. We've seen too many other niche bike makers fail trying to grow too big too fast. Victory may miss out on some sales because of their slow methodical approach, but if that's what keeps them in business for the long run, so far that has proved to be the smart way to go. Especially with the current economy slowing everything down.
Right now it's looking like developing the Vision before an entry level bike is working for them to, they seem to be selling plenty of them. I've even seen some of the V92C crowd that HATED the Vision when they first saw it,turn around and end up buying a Vision and loving it.
I don't doubt that they have something planned or at least being discussedto eventually have a smallerbike available. My guess would be another 3-5 years before they have something like that. It's no big secret that the big four Japan brands all sell a ton ofthe 600-900cc bikes.

·
Registered
75 Posts

I really can understand why a lot of folks are out there looking for Vic to make a more beginner friendly motorcycle, but I have to agree with those that think it's just not something that's going to happen any time soon. And I don't think I would want it to.
I would much rather have a bike maker do one thing and do it well than to try and do everything, like nearly every other manufacturer out there. That's what makes Victory so different, so, well, awesome.

·
Registered
79 Posts

I was wondering how long your wife has been riding. This is my 3rd summer and I've had my '05 Vegas for now my 2nd season. I started on a Honda Shadow VLX 600 and I really loved that bike. However, with that being said, I have found my Vegas to handle much better than the 600. It handles like a smaller bike but with a better sense of gravity. It's hard to explain. I thought there was no way I was going to get on this big of a bike but boy was I wrong!
I, too, hope that Victory sticks with the line that they have and continues to think outside the box like they have with the Vision and now the Core. Let's leave the little bikes to the other companies. Just my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.