VOG Forum banner

Engine Rebuild Kit

8677 11
I'm not finding anywhere to get a rebuild kit. I'd like all the gaskets, bearings, and bushings to rebuild the engine and transmission of my 07 Kingpin. Nothing is broken, but I'm thinking of some internal upgrades. She has 60k on her, and was doing some weird things with shifting, so I'd like to just tear down, and inspect everything over the winter, so I don't have problems in season. Who do y'all get that from? Do you have to just buy it all by the piece?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as internal upgrades, I'm just thinking of higher compression and some flow work on the heads, mainly. I think, as far as gaskets, bearings, and bushings, stock should suffice. I also think I'll do the underdrive pulley. Hey, Half_crazy, what is the part number for the belt you're running? I don't want to invest in a new stock belt, and then have it be too long.

· Registered
23,468 Posts
I'm just the type of gearhead that does my own work
The Victory engine is sh!t simple to work on.
Replace all the bearings in the transmission. Look close at the gears and shift forks. I just bought the whole main-shaft assembly and rebuilt the others. That was about $1200.

The difference between just doing high compression and doing a big bore (109") is only a like $350-$400. The 109 is a solid 125 HP torque monster. The thing that will improve torque the most in these engines is a bore increase.

As far as the heads, a freshening up and a multi-angle valve job is really all that's required for under 130+ HP. It's really easy to mess up these heads by cutting on the ports if ya don't know what you're doing.

· Registered
17,131 Posts
If you're thinking of something like Lloyd's 11-1 pistons I agree with HC, just get them as part of a big bore kit. OR...I had Rylan do some upgrading a couple years ago. 08-newer Vic Pistons in an 07 or older 100" bumps the compression to about 10.2-1. Combined with Torque Tubes, RPW Thor, rev extended ecu...I'm VERY happy with this set up.

· Registered
2,651 Posts
Just out of curiosity I to will be in that 120 to 125 tourqe range ,what is the sugested clutch upgrade or recomendation?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.