VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Sorry Seabee, just to give you the heads up, the "Oil" thread has kinda been beaten to death.
For people that are newer and ask innocent questions it is exactly that, for those of us that have been here for a while, its kinda like fingernails on a chalkboard.
If you look back at the archives you will find many threads, and even more opinions , on this subject.
Good luck.

I use Victory oil

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Use Victory 20W40 Synthetic Blend 20W40 engine oil for all temperatures. If Victory oil is not available, use a high quality​
20W40 motorcycle designed for use with wet clutches (such as those with a JASO MA rating).

Do not put chemical additives in the oil. Victory motorcycle oil has been specially designed for this application.​
Additional additives are not necessary and have not been approved by Victory Engineering

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Crisco

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
You can ask a lot of people the same question and receive many opinions on this topic.

Last week, I asked the Owner of Volusia Motorsports the same question. His answer is in this video:

·
Registered
255 Posts

60% Victory oil, 35% Amsoil, and 5% bacon grease. This way you'll have all the bases and most of the controversy covered, and when you start the bike up in the morning it'll smell great......

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
don't forget the extra virgin olive oil in the mix.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

kevinx01 said:
Rode Fishwitch's bike last weekend. 137,000 miles without so much as a side cover being removed. Victory oil from day one. RK had his motor split a couple of times by that point with the full synth Amsoil
Damn, was she in Florida?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, Guys. I'll take note. It may have been a dumb question but always good to hear what others have to say. I use Victory oil but sometimes there are other products that are better and less expensive.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Seabee26 said:
Thanks, Guys. I'll take note. It may have been a dumb question but always good to hear what others have to say. I use Victory oil but sometimes there are other products that are better and less expensive.
The only other oil I ever see here that is highly spoke of is Amsoil. Last time I priced it the Amsoil was more expensive then the Victory oil.

·
Registered
189 Posts

Hey Andy!
Can you rig the site so when the "O" word gets entered it instantly forwards the poster to the other older oilthreads that probably out number the types of oil available?
Sorry SeeBee26 but hang out here long enough and you will get my drift.
Just to throw gas on the fire I use Lucas.
Boy I can be such a wieenie. LOL

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
dsjr70 said:
kevinx01 said:
Rode Fishwitch's bike last weekend. 137,000 miles without so much as a side cover being removed. Victory oil from day one. RK had his motor split a couple of times by that point with the full synth Amsoil
Nope........ I flew out to Cali for a cam party, and rode over to Tahoe on Sunday. Speaking of Sundays. After 2 months of my boss being opend on Sunday. He decided it was a waste. Even with advertising we had almost zero traffic, and sold like 2 things the whole time

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
kevinx01 said:
dsjr70 said:
kevinx01 said:
Nope........ I flew out to Cali for a cam party, and rode over to Tahoe on Sunday. Speaking of Sundays. After 2 months of my boss being opend on Sunday. He decided it was a waste. Even with advertising we had almost zero traffic, and sold like 2 things the whole time
Damn, you went there... I did say Gainesville isnt exactly a destination. But if you would have let me know you were open on Sunday I would have came by...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh c'mon everyone loves an oil thread.

You can't go wrong with Amsoil, Spectro, Royal Purple, etc. 20w50. Just be wary of the Castrols and Mobiles that claim to be full syn and are actualy not.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Tommer45 said:

You can't go wrong with Amsoil, Spectro, Royal Purple, etc. 20w50. Just be wary of the Castrols and Mobiles that claim to be full syn and are actualy not.
Not that I use either but if Castrol and Mobil are not full synthetic why would that be a problem, the Vic oil is not a full synthetic either? Just asking

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Tommer45 said:

Not that I use either but if Castrol and Mobil are not full synthetic why would that be a problem, the Vic oil is not a full synthetic either? Just asking
That in my mind is a good thing. It meansthey areless likely to make the clutch slip. Full synths have problems in a large enough percentage of Vic's that are ridden hard. To make me not want to endorse any of them.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts

kevinx01 said:
That's 'cause she rides like a girl.... ;-)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.