Email to Scott Wine | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Email to Scott Wine

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Captain Obvious, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2016 Magnum
    For what it's worth...

I don't think the petitions will do ****. I composed the following and sent to Scott Wine directly. This is [partially redacted].

--------------------------

Good afternoon, Mr. Wine,

My name is [Captain Obvious]. I have been an owner of a Victory motorcycle since 2014, having bought my first Victory, a Vision, as a demo bike from Randy's Cycle in Marengo, IL.

Two weeks ago, I traded my vision and bought a 2016 Magnum from Randy's. I paid [a lot] for a beautiful bike that I was sure would retain value better than my Vision, and was truly pleased with the machine. I still can't wait to ride it once spring comes. The announcement this morning was heartbreaking.

My concerns are the following:

1. My motorcycle included an incentive from Victory which gave me a three year warranty with a delayed start to April of 2017. Will this warranty be honored, and with Victory going out of business, where will I go to receive services? An Indian dealer?

2. With what is sure to be a significantly reduced value on a motorcycle which is so new that I haven't even made a payment on it yet, this decision really hits me in the wallet. I will likely not be able to trade in on another new motorcycle (would have been a Victory!) in a couple years, as I had planned, because I am surely going to be upside down for years to come on the loan I took to buy this machine. Does Polaris have any plans to provide incentives or compensation to owners like myself, who very recently took delivery of a new motorcycle from what is now a defunct company? I understand that cash compensation is not something that is likely, but even some kind of voucher for Victory accessories would go a long way toward salving the very negative sentiments toward Polaris that are being expressed in online forums this morning.

Perhaps retroactive eligibility for incentives that Polaris will surely be offering to purchasers of Victories in the coming months, after the closure announcement, would be something that is viable?

3. This is more a musing than a question, but I wonder if Polaris considered integrating some of the Victory product line into the Indian line. Indian is a much "older" brand, both literally and figuratively. The styling of the Cross Country and Magnum are very dissimilar to the Indian products. There is nothing like the Gunner in the Indian line.

I'll stop rambling. The loss of Victory as a brand is heartbreaking to a lover of the brand, but it is truly a gut punch to one who so recently spent a lot of hard earned money on a very expensive motorcycle. I truly hope that Polaris recognizes the value of keeping consumers such as myself satisfied, recognizes our concerns and situation (reduced value and satisfaction) in a way that goes beyond a slickly worded PR announcement.

Respectfully,
    [Captain Obvious]
    Loyal Victory Owner and Fan

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Yossarian

Yossarian Active Member

2016 Magnum X1
    You misspelled F*CK YOU! :banghead:

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. ccscott

ccscott Active Member

2016 Victory Cross Country
    He will never read it and would never have the balls to answer.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jmstang302

jmstang302 Well-Known Member

2009 Vegas 2008 VISION 2013 XC. 13 Vegas 8 Ball
    I bet He won't misspell it when he responds to Mr. Wine's reply!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. jedi-mcfly

jedi-mcfly Well-Known Member

2005 kingpin
    ...he will get a laugh at it as he drinks some dom on his yatch surrounded by binki clad 20 something tarts in the mediterranean sea

6. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    That was so good it deserved the repost!!!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ghostrider25

Ghostrider25 Lone Rider of the Apocolypse

'14 Victory Vision.......... '17 Triumph Trophy ...... '11 Suzuki GSX1250FA
    @Captain Obvious I like your approach. Unfortunately, this would only have a chance in hell of working if you were actually addressing a human being. This motherf*cker is nothing but a robot who does not care that he just f*cked thousands of loyal owners in the @ss or that he pissed away a company that could have been a superstar but was too stupid to see it.

They will continue to gizz themselves over their fake Indians right up to the point that they aren't profitable any longer and will then cut that division as well and f*ck over even more loyal owners. And all they will have left is their failing ATVs and breaking, ugly ass Slingshots.

I mean seriously, how could you possibly trust a DB corporation that just continues to do this?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. triumph900

triumph900 Active Member

Triumph Bonneville T120
    Wine, or any other CEO of a publicly traded company, does not give a fusty ruck about you or any one else who's check has cleared. He's only interested in the next quarterly report. I felt the exact same way when I was stuck with a 2003 Polaris PWC when the line was shutdown. I guess the sting from that faded since I've owned a number of Polaris products since. But the Polaris products I own now will be the last. That's the only (small) impact I can make on Polaris' bottom line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jeff hardball

Jeff hardball Active Member

Vic hardball
    I once thought a Indian may be something id buy in the future but Polaris pretty well **** there bed on that one.

I'm keeping the victory i have but will never buy another Polaris product of any kind!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Kurbs

Kurbs theVOG.net Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

2012 Victory Kingpin
    I would have changed a couple words.

Mr. Wine,

Obviously you are full of yourself. And quite inebriated from it as well.

If your taste in women is like your taste for bikes, I am glad I never met your wife, or boyfriend if you swing that way. As I have a distaste for fat frumpy women who try and resurrect their glorious youth with cheap paint, all while sporting a huge ass and ugly weathered saddlebags.

Indian will sell well for a short time, but playing the man shut with a cheaply painted whore has cost you the sleek, sexy, strong, and more mature woman you swore an oath 20 years ago to love like no other.

I implore you to seek counseling now and patch up what differences you have in this relationship before that fat ugly painted up slut forever sucks you further toward Perdition.

Sincere Regards,

Kingpin

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Highrider

Highrider Active Member

2011 Jackpot / 6 HDs
    Who, in their right mind, would ever buy an Indian now?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. greasemonkey

greasemonkey Active Member

Victory Crossroads
    Here's the thing. They really don't care. They will probably respond with a generic answer that they think is what you want to hear and that's it. When the Gilroy Indian went out i remember quite a few guys that bought at the dealer I bought from just gave them back to the bank. I thought they were crazy. Looking back I should have done the same thing...... I guarantee if I had I would have bought another bike and went on about my business. I kept my bike and I'm quite sure it cost me more money than giving it back to the bank ever would have.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. jedi-mcfly

jedi-mcfly Well-Known Member

2005 kingpin
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Phideaux

Phideaux Well-Known Member

2011 XC, 2005 VTX 1800 Spec 2
    As PT Barnum most famously said, "There's a sucker born every minute" . . .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    They have lost their shine...

• Like Like x 1