VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the cause of my dashboard, turn signals, horn, cruise, & radio not working?
The bike runs.
Headlight & brakelight works.
All relays and fuses have been replaced.
All connections have been checked.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Guess the best place to look is where there is commonality between these. Maybe a signal wire or ground in the fairing. If everything is stock, I'd start with the cluster main connector, visually look for broken, damaged wires from there down where it makes its way back under the tank. Gently tug on each wire on the connector to make sure none are broken in the connector. Check the grounds in the fairing. If you or someone else has added anything electrical/electronic try removing or disconnecting these items. Because the system is CANbus, it's also possible the ECM is damaged but I wouldn't look at that as the issue until checking out everything else. All in all, you're looking at a missing +12V power wire or GND wire most likely.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had a similar thing happen to my Cross Country there is a hot feed that goes to the front console of the bike via the loom on the Left , I found a break in this cable a few inches from the front, The outside insulation looked find so it was a lucky find, I hope this helps .

Just had a look at the manual it may be cable RD 018 that comes off the 40amp fuse and goes to A on the large connector in the fairing and feeds the radio power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.