VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just saw this as well. Victory To Race Electric Prototype At Isle Of Man TT has more info and pictures. Very interesting indeed. I am very intrigued by the IOMTT and look forward to it every year, now I have even more reason to watch! So cool that William Dunlop will be one of the riders. Side question - anyone in the US know how/where to get a US format DVD of the Joey Dunlop documentary "Road" that came out last year? I would love to see it.

Reactions: Todd9905 and wcato3

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Oh so does this mean the Victory brand isn't dead after all? Lmao! Let's hear from those folks. I'm sure some will even say this is a parts bin bike and not a completely new build from the ground up!

Great stuff! I'm glad to see victory doing this. Like I've stated before there will be new things coming from Victory I beleive.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
That is awesome. I demoed the Harley Livewire last week, and I don't think it could even complete the Isle of Mann course. It has a range of 43 miles in "power" mode, and wasn't living up to that number even though the ride was much less than aggressive due to the chaperone.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
This is very serious stuff.
Do think this is a kick at the Harley can..... I do...

There was some late nights put in to come up with this idea....

Good to see...

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Oh so does this mean the Victory brand isn't dead after all? Lmao! Let's hear from those folks. I'm sure some will even say this is a parts bin bike and not a completely new build from the ground up!

Great stuff! I'm glad to see victory doing this. Like I've stated before there will be new things coming from Victory I beleive.
Yes you dummy, obviously Polaris is just trying to fool us into thinking they're not going to kill the brand, just so they can kill the brand. Duh! A brand new drag racing team reportdedly with a brand new engine under development to meet NHRA specs, a brand new Pikes Peak prototype racing bike with it's own all new engine, and a heavily updated and improved Brammo racing bike coming out as a Victory for IoM TT racing...if I were a smart man I think I could see a pattern developing here...racing, racing, racing...I wonder what could possibly be the future of Victory? Yeah, it's probably done as a brand 'cause Indian is getting all the love.

I used to think late July 2015 would see a new ground up Victory model, probably a Vision replacement. I've been surprised by all three of these racing developments. Now I seriously wonder what's in store. A brand new GTL killing Vision would be awesome, but I think we're going to see a lot of very cool and surprising bikes in the next few years. Of particular interest to me was the revelation that Victory is working with Parker (Parker Hannifin) on the improvements to the electric bike. This leads me to believe that in the near future we will be seeing a lot of state-of-the-art tech making it's way into Victory motorcycles.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Yes you dummy, obviously Polaris is just trying to fool us into thinking they're not going to kill the brand, just so they can kill the brand. Duh! A brand new drag racing team reportdedly with a brand new engine under development to meet NHRA specs, a brand new Pikes Peak prototype racing bike with it's own all new engine, and a heavily updated and improved Brammo racing bike coming out as a Victory for IoM TT racing...if I were a smart man I think I could see a pattern developing here...racing, racing, racing...I wonder what could possibly be the future of Victory? Yeah, it's probably done as a brand 'cause Indian is getting all the love.

I used to think late July 2015 would see a new ground up Victory model, probably a Vision replacement. I've been surprised by all three of these racing developments. Now I seriously wonder what's in store. A brand new GTL killing Vision would be awesome, but I think we're going to see a lot of very cool and surprising bikes in the next few years. Of particular interest to me was the revelation that Victory is working with Parker (Parker Hannifin) on the improvements to the electric bike. This leads me to believe that in the near future we will be seeing a lot of state-of-the-art tech making it's way into Victory motorcycles.
You know I couldn't resist poking fun at a few who stated that. Just funny how a few months ago it was run and sell your victory before they go under. Well it's good to see them continuing to develop new products. Iabob you think a naked V-twin would look good for victory ? Maybe something to compete with ktm? Just a thought. Well as you may have stated before Indian will be the classic brand but Victory will be the brand to put out the innovative ground breaking racing/ performance side of the house.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Victory Motorcycles
Indian Motorcycles
Polaris Slingshot
the Swiss engine builder (I forgot their name)
Bonneville Salt Flats run
Brammo
NHRA
Drifting Cruisers
Pikes Peak
Isle of Mann TT

Wow, Polaris Industries is a company on a very serious rise. They obviously have a very clear vision of who they are, where they want to go and how they're going to get their. What a great time to be an owner and an enthusiast of their products.

The new Victory website with direct links to 3rd party companies speaks volumes of very good things as well.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
You know I couldn't resist poking fun at a few who stated that. Just funny how a few months ago it was run and sell your victory before they go under. Well it's good to see them continuing to develop new products. Iabob you think a naked V-twin would look good for victory ? Maybe something to compete with ktm? Just a thought. Well as you may have stated before Indian will be the classic brand but Victory will be the brand to put out the innovative ground breaking racing/ performance side of the house.
I think a naked would be fantastic. On other thing to remember about Victory, they're not afraid to embrace a trend. The did the fat tire bikes great, they're doing baggers great...and the next trend is??? Speaking for myself I'm blessed to be fortunate enough to have a touring bike and a fun bike. I think a lot of guys who went from 900cc to 1500 cc to Ultra Classic or Goldwing might be at a point in life where it's time to get back to something fun, or add something more fun to the stable.

What's really funny is I just got an email from the Indian community forum I signed up at quite a while ago but forgot all about. The email, "POLARIS goes racing"...not one single use of "Victory" in the email. I guess it's time for Indian riders to ***** and cry about Victory getting all the love and Polaris treating Indian like the step child lmao!

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Victory Motorcycles
Indian Motorcycles
Polaris Slingshot
the Swiss engine builder (I forgot their name)
Bonneville Salt Flats run
Brammo
NHRA
Drifting Cruisers
Pikes Peak
Isle of Mann TT

Wow, Polaris Industries is a company on a very serious rise. They obviously have a very clear vision of who they are, where they want to go and how they're going to get their. What a great time to be an owner and an enthusiast of their products.

The new Victory website with direct links to 3rd party companies speaks volumes of very good things as well.
Dang, I forgot all about the salt flats bike, add another racing to the list! Swiss Auto is the engine design firm they bought. The "Weber V4" is the engine they designed that I drool over.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.