VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one run one on their bike? I read about a guy on this forum that had a disability and had a shop install it on his XC, He liked it at first, but over time went through several clutches.

·
Banned
2,192 Posts
I have an acquaintance that tried it on his XC. When it worked ... it was great...but he couldn't get more than a few hundred miles out of it before it failed. Went thru several...

The customer service was piss poor.

FYI, the guy how tried it, is a professional mechanic / racer and has been riding for years...

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
I've had one for almost 2 riding seasons. I havent had much luck, but i think the initial install was poorly done. It is at a different dealership now being reworked. EFM does stand behind their product...better than anyone else I've ever seen encountered.
Two hints
1) Take it to a dealership that has installed these type of clutches before....its not for rookies..although the best miles between problems is when i worked on it myself. It needs to be true and level and everything needs to measure up very well. If EFM can install it for you, thats the best bet!
2)I had to remove the throw-out shaft and bearing completely, it kept getting hung up on the EFM Auto plate and would not allow the clutch to dis-engage. I now have a clutch handle just hanging from the bar...when i can prove better reliability..again, i think its more of an installers problem, then i will remove it alltogether.
Personally i am about ready to sell the bike, buy a ctx 700 honda, practice one footed stops for a couple years, then this better dealership has experience in linking the brakes, and moving the clutch handle to the right bar!
The man said their customer service was great....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.