VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I replaced my stock front pads with ebc HH pads. WOW! What a difference. She stops so much better now. Before with the stock pads I would have to squeeze it hard to stop. Now it's so much better!
Agreed been using them on my XC for several years now.

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
I went with Lyndall gold. Was wondering if the EBC HH provide a little more bite.
Also I understand the pad material is crucial to rotor life. Are the EBC pads ok for stock rotors ?
Just recently (2) weeks I did a complete brake fluid change. Big difference just having that service done.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Just be aware that the EBC brakes make a noise that oem pads did not. I thought something was wrong as it sounded like locusts when braking hard at fast speeds. No noise below 25-30mph.

And yes, they brake great.

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
Went with the same pads and the difference was extreme. Felt like a different bike and actually saved my bacon on a spirited group ride not long after. I was able to pull it in handily when someone ahead of me made a sudden and unexpected stop from a bit of speed.

Reactions: bikendad

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Went with the same pads and the difference was extreme. Felt like a different bike and actually saved my bacon on a spirited group ride not long after. I was able to pull it in handily when someone ahead of me made a sudden and unexpected stop from a bit of speed.
I wonder if it's the same one I'm thinking of...

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
Yeah, but I wasn't going to name names. Thought I'd give him a BRAKE. :rofl2:

Reactions: FoFo

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
Oh great .......... another brake pad thread ?
Brakes are brakes. Get what you want. Funny though when it comes to oil .........oh ! No reason to switch ! Victory oils the best !
So use the stinking Victory brake pads too then why don't cha !!

What's stopping your bike ..........?:aktion086:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dang you guys complaining about noise must have very sensitive hearing or a broken radio. I know they make a little bit of a swishing noise when stopping but that is the air getting trapped in the rotor holes. That little bit of noise is nothing compared to the vastly improved braking. Whoevers debating it just do it. Unless, you have sensitive ears, then stick to the stocks and just keep a tight grip on that right lever!

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
EBC HH pads do make a difference in stopping, but they sure are noisy.For those that have the Lyndall Gold Plus, are they quiet?
I've had them on both ends of my XC for the past 40+k miles and I just don't hear this noise some speak of. Love the better feel and stopping power.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
EBC HH pads do make a difference in stopping, but they sure are noisy.For those that have the Lyndall Gold Plus, are they quiet?
I haven't noticed any excess noise, but I wear ear plugs.
One word of note...when I changed to the Lyndall Gold Plus pads it took a little time for them to bed in so be careful when you first install them or any new pad. If your rotors have small grooves in them then the pads will need a little time to conform.
I'd buy them again without a second thought.

·
Registered
17,924 Posts
I haven't noticed any excess noise, but I wear ear plugs.
One word of note...when I changed to the Lyndall Gold Plus pads it took a little time for them to bed in so be careful when you first install them or any new pad. If your rotors have small grooves in them then the pads will need a little time to conform.
I'd buy them again without a second thought.
Rode mine the other day and forgot to put the earplugs in and ol my gosh, they are noisy. Had to turn the Sena up for "Born to be Wild", "Get your motor running..."

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
Lyndall gold plus pads are American made by an American company and they are quiet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.