eBay back rests | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

eBay back rests

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by Pratt, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Pratt

Pratt New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 Cross Country
  2. walks35

walks35 Well-Known Member

2004 Victory Kingpin
    As someone who has had two back surgeries I can appreciate the need for extra comfort but also know you get what you pay for. I haven't bought that backrest but have purchased cheap pads and, well, they were cheap and didn't last long. My two cents is I'd be a little worried about that holding up very long.

Based on the price it looks like you're about halfway there to a Mustang backrest. Not sure if you mean you'll be replacing the entire seat (along with backrest) down the road.

CC riders will have better input. Here's some backrests available at Witchdoctors. JP Cycles, Dennis Kirk, etc. would have options too. Anything but eBay would have better customer support options as well if something is wrong. So there's another two cents; I'm up to four cents so I'll stop here. :icon_rockwoot:

https://buywitchdoctors.com/collect...ountry-2013 Universal?gf_29083=Seat Accessory

• Like Like x 1
  3. ForestGiant

ForestGiant Active Member

2014 Victory Cross Country, 97 Honda Valkyrie, 99 Honda Magna
    When you look at Witchdoctors they have the same one by Kuryakyn for 160 dollars. When I bought my CC used 3.1 years ago it came with the one you listed walks35 and it works just fine. Actually first bike I have ever had one on and I am hooked. Perhaps the one you listed which is like mine is a Chinese nock off of the Kuryakyn which is mostly likely Chinese also. 80 dollars is a bargain.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pratt

Pratt New Member

2013 Cross Country
    This is my thoughts. For $80 I won’t feel bad if it doesn’t last more than a season. And yes I plan on getting the mustang seat with their back rests in the future.

I just know right now by the time I ride 40 miles to work. And then drive a dump truck for 10-12 hours. And then ride home. My tail bone hurts a lot. Not my back. Just my tail bone. And part of my butt goes numb it’s super uncomfortable. I do not find these things to be issues when I’m just riding the bike

• Like Like x 2
  5. kaitiff

kaitiff Well-Known Member

14 XC/07 KPT
    I haven't any experience with the one you posted, but I did buy a different style of after-market backrest.... TWICE.

Victory - GRASSHOPPER LIMITED

I have one on my KPT and one on my XC. They work like they should on both bikes. I bought mine after a friend bought one for himself and liked it. It's not fancy, it doesn't swivel or any of that silly sh1t, but it does come off and go on with a tug or a push. The only downside I've seen to mine on the KP was that it kinda dents the seat cushion a little.. and every now and then I might have to shove it down a little further since my butt will work it up out of the socket every now and then. I'm not complaining, just telling you the things I've noticed with mine. Caveat Emptor!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cayoot

Cayoot Member

Victory Cross Country Tour & Suzuki DR 650
    I also bought a Grasshopper backrest for my XCT 3 years ago. I like it. It gives me enough support on long rides that I don't find myself leaning back and slouching. I paid $95 for it and it was well worth it.

7. jmstang302

jmstang302 Well-Known Member

2009 Vegas 2008 VISION 2013 XC. 13 Vegas 8 Ball
    @Pratt the bracket on the knockoff will accept the Vic backrest. The pad that comes with the knock off is pretty bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. walks35

2004 Victory Kingpin
    I bought my wife a gel pad for the Kingpin and it helps her immensely. Maybe the padding you need is for the truck and not the bike then. You can get awesome gel pads for anywhere between $50-100.

If it doesn't happen when you're riding it sounds like the truck seat (+10-12 hours a day). Just a thought.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. walks35

2004 Victory Kingpin
    Edit for above... I meant a portable gel pad you can take with you to work.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pratt

Pratt New Member

2013 Cross Country
    yes I am definitely getting a good quality seat pad for the truck ASAP. I think that will help a lot. But I do slouch a lot on the bike as well. Think I’m gonna do both

thank you guys for the input.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kaitiff

14 XC/07 KPT
    Back before I got my back surgery I can tell you that the biggest thing that helped me besides the back rest was a properly configured set of highway pegs. The ability to lock my legs on those pegs and push back a little let me ride all day. Just another observation that I hope helps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Pratt

Pratt New Member

2013 Cross Country
    unfortunately my legs are too long to lock on my highway pegs. My but would be up on the passenger seat lol.

Also a small update. While riding to work this morning I noticed after about 30 miles of slouching/ riding without paying attention to my posture my ass was numb and uncomfortable. When I ride with posture in mind I easily make it to work without that happening. Can’t wait till I have to money to get a good quality seat. Or even have one custom made.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. kaitiff

14 XC/07 KPT
    I got me a set of those pegs that have 2 axes of rotation.. and I rotated them all the way forward and down to make them long enough. I'm 6'2" and it works really well for me. :) The only downside is when I'm leaned over hard where the floorboards are tilting up the pegs are dancing on the pavement.. but I figure they are my 'you're about to get into the hard bits' warning, like curb feelers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. normthenomad

normthenomad Active Member

2006 Kingpin,sold. 2006 Hammer, 2007 Hammer, 1997 Buell S1 Hammer performance 1275 crush setup.
    Lucky enough to have an old fashioned, "kidney belt" from the 50's stood me in good stead for years until I went to a drivers' backrest after shattering L2 and L3. Yep, the slouch will get you quick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. walks35

2004 Victory Kingpin
    One other note, and I think I'm up to a buck-two-eighty in my opinions :), but depending on your insurance I'd suggest some physically therapy more for learning some simple exercises, as crazy as it sounds, you can even do while riding or driving. 40+ years of back problems and the best advise I ever got is keep working on my core. There was a meme posted in this forum a while back something like "you know you're old when you sneeze and throw out your back" well as I replied then I've done that. An upgraded seat and or backrest can only get you so far.

If insurance is an issue go out to YouTube or search health sites for sample exercises. There's plenty of free info out there.

Here's a couple examples searching "core strengthening exercises" to do at home. Planks are killer to start but are one of the best you can do. I'm 60 and a couple cheeseburgers over 260 but can hold a plank for 2 minutes. Takes some time to build up to that.

20 Core Exercises Top Trainers Swear By

Good luck.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2