VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there aren't many guys on here from up in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. But on Easter Sunday Guy Frasier (sp) was hit by a left turning car as he rode his Victory eastbound on Whyte Ave after he just left Timmies.

He's going to lose his left leg just below the knee at best.

Be careful out there guys. Drivers in cars don't pay any attention at the best of times.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Hate to hear this. Prayers for him!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Tragic news for sure, I hope he makes a quick recovery.
Some day i hope drivers learn the road is not their living room when it comes to doing things in the car.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

This year is off to a Bad Start
Bad news indeed, Best wishes on a speedy recovery.
Is it, they really can't see us, or they think they own the road.
Last month we had a female rider slowing down to make a right turn into a driveway in a 80km zone (50mph) when a van ran into the back of her doing 100 km (62mph). The impact left the bike implanted in the front bumper standing upright. It wasn't till she was on the operating table that they discovered her serious neck injuries, seperated at the spinal column, she has had some movement in her arms, our thoughts go out to her family as well.
OT

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
My ass puckers up everytime I go by a car or van in the left turn lane. Hate to say but women in mini-vans are a guaranteed turn in front of you, on the cell phone, talking to the kids in the back, I've had them look right at me and turn in front of me.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
My thoughts and prayers go out to both individuals and their families.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

Prayers and thoughts to the friends and families.
Cagers should be required to take MSF courses (just without the on bike part). Insurance companies could offer discounts for completion. It would be a Win-Win.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

Thoughts and prayers out to him for a speedy recovery.
WW

·
Registered
265 Posts

Sorry to hear about this or any other accident.
I will light a candle in Guy's name at church on Sunday.
Prayers to him and his family for a good recovery.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Very sad, thoughts and prays are with him. When I was still in school a classmate of mine was involved in the same type of accident, he lost his leg at the scene. Shook us up for a while, we were still young enough to think we were invincible but we learned the opposite very quickly.

·
Registered
224 Posts
OneThumb said:
This year is off to a Bad Start
Bad news indeed, Best wishes on a speedy recovery.
Is it, they really can't see us, or they think they own the road.
Last month we had a female rider slowing down to make a right turn into a driveway in a 80km zone (50mph) when a van ran into the back of her doing 100 km (62mph). The impact left the bike implanted in the front bumper standing upright. It wasn't till she was on the operating table that they discovered her serious neck injuries, seperated at the spinal column, she has had some movement in her arms, our thoughts go out to her family as well.
OT
When I come home, I have to turn right just after you go over a small rise and railroad tracks - it's a 45 mph zone. This year, I've stopped doing that and I go further down the road and turn right at the light. I have never felt safe doing that.. and that's why!

My prayers to her as well. Springtime is so crazy.. the weather is nice, people are busy doing things, feeling good, not paying attention.. and they have become complacent to the lack of bikes on the road over winter.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your friend. I was him a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
425 Posts

Very, VERY sorry to hear of your friends accident. The same situation has happened to me on more occasions than I'd like to recall. Be CAREFUL out there folks!! Left turningvehicle drivers, with or without cell phones glued to their ears, are a real hazard. So are distracted hwy drivers who change lanes after a glance in their mirror. They WON'T see you if you are crusing along at the same speed that they are.That's why Iride 2-3 mph FASTER than hwy traffic because people see movement or motion!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.