Dynojet Power Vision CX | Page 11 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Dynojet Power Vision CX

Discussion in 'Tech Q&A' started by mayday78, May 22, 2017.

1. MRMAXX

MRMAXX Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. mande

mande Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 Hammer 8-Ball custom
    Did you make adjustments to the ignition tables, and if so what have you changed?

3. mande

mande Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. waterhog

waterhog Well-Known Member

'16 Victory Vegas
    The display is partitioned into quadrants and two of them are MAP (in kPa) and RPM. I think there were 2-3 display options to choose. I didn't use the display function much as it's small and I need to keep my eyes on the road.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. WHITE_VIC

WHITE_VIC Well-Known Member

Victory cross country
    Your speedo will still be off if you change the gearing or tire size

6. TwoManyXS1Bs

TwoManyXS1Bs Well-Known Member

2016 Victory Vegas
    Hey, mande. Guten abend.

I have only done 4 logging mobile dyno runs, still tweaking, more to go.
    But, I can share what I've done.

A point of forum etiquette, could use some guidance from the senior gurus here.
    Not wanting to hijack this thread with Maximus stuff, since it's about the DynoJet Power Vision CX.

Should I continue to post in here,

or continue in my introduction thread, since I've posted Maximus stuff in there,
    https://www.thevog.net/threads/texican-gets-a-vegas.160031/

or post into the most comprehensive, Wickman's Maximus thread?
    https://www.thevog.net/threads/making-adjustments-in-a-maximus-tune.155379/

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. mande

mande Member

Thank you for your answers. Yes, the forum etiquette must be taken into account. We compare the differences between Maximus and PVCX in this thread. It would also be interesting to see what changes have been made to your ignition tables from the point of view of PVCX. I can also see the differences in the representations of Maximus vs. PVCX. What do you mean and what my other user?

8. MetroWestMA

MetroWestMA New Member

Victory CCT 2014 / 2005 Hammer
    Hi Everyone,

I am coming abit late to this thread, but own one of the first 2005 Hammer's ever made and recently bought a low mileage stock 2014 CCT. After searching around, I decided to add Cams (went with 505, for higher low end torque) and Lloydz AF and Vic TriOvals which I found new in FB marketplace.

I am a pretty decent wrench and do software / hardware systems for work, so I figured the entire tuning process would be a learning adventure.

I was all set to do a Maximus remote tune when I learned that Rob at Rob's Dyno Service in Gardner MA was local to me. He was the guy who originally cracked the code on the Visteon ECU and worked with Dynojet to commercialize it in the PV CX.

From what I could tell, if you were going to end up with one tuning system 10 year down the road when no-one cared except you, the PV CX is better because Dynojet's software is more standard and used by most Dyno shops, and the PV CX has a UI where you can see different things (diagnostic codes) and mount it on your bike while riding. The problem is they are hard to find.

I know Rob still has some in stock, so he may be willing to sell you one, and I am going to have him Dyno tune my bike in late June. He'll tune via Maximus or PV CX and I don't believe he does remote.

I may even plunk down some $$ to get the wideband kit (you can use the Indian one).

Also, Dynojet now sells the PV 3 which they had issues making compatible with Visteon, so they just gave up on it since Victory was history. But it is basically the CX with a color display.

I think the advice of use whatever your tuner uses makes sense. But if you want to tweak a little bit yourself, to me it looked like the PV CX was a better product.

Hope this helps. I am using a temp map now from Rob until I do the tune. And the CAM install took some time but was easy and the bike is running really nice with more power all around since I did the AF, CAM, and pipes (not sure the pipes made that much of a difference).

MW

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. waterhog

waterhog Well-Known Member

'16 Victory Vegas
    Thanks for sharing the info. I wondered who had cracked Visteon for our 106 bikes. Looks like one of the well-known tuners for our Victory bikes is also one of the foremost experts on the Visteon ECU internals.

As you noted, as to why PVCX is a superior product for flash tuning, DIY or otherwise, the specifics have been pointed out in a number of threads. The reason I chose PVCX over Maximus as a DIY'er after going through the available info a couple of years back. Looks like a no brainer to get flash tuning on a dyno done by Rob if you live nearby. Until his PVCX inventory lasts.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chuckz71

Chuckz71 Member

2016 Victory Cross Country Tour - gloss black
    The only setup that I am thinking would require 2 separate maps to be switched between while riding (not shutting engine off) would be to accommodate nitrous (NO2) shots. For those wanting to spray, I would think piggybacking a PC5 on to a reflash tuner (PVCX or Maximus) would accomplish that, and those folks wouldn't be too concerned about the added cost of a buying both a reflasher and PV5 (which are resonably priced now). I wouldn't think switching between a fuel saving map and performance map would be needed on the fly.
    I believe the PC5 has a timing adjustment limitation below a certain RPM (2,500 ?), which is why it is combined with a Lloyd's timing wheel. But this PC5 & adjustable timing wheel has no ability to vary the ignition timing between idle and the RPM the PC5 can begin making adjustments (although this may not be of concern... just a note of limitation). I could be wrong though.

Does your Vic have have a spray setup?

11. mande

mande Member

In addition to the statements by @waterhog, the 5 screens of PVCX at Victory below:

Screen 1
    IMG_1007.JPEG

Screen 2
    IMG_1008.JPEG

Screen 3
    IMG_1009.JPEG

Screen 4
    IMG_1010.JPEG

Screen 5
    IMG_1011.JPEG

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Chuckz71

Chuckz71 Member

Well I had made up my decision between Dynojet Power Vision CX and TechnoResearch Maximus; decided on PV CX. But of course I waited too long as Witchdoctors sold their last one. So I order one from HardRacing.com, but they later responded with they actually didn't have one. So the only other one I've found on the web was ordered from VividRacing.com. I'm expecting the same cancellation response, so my hopes aren't high, but I'll have to wait and see.

• Like Like x 1
  13. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Well then I would think the Maximus with Noemntz mobile tune would be the way to go. It’s available and it’s backed up by one of the best in the biz. What ya thinking man ?

14. Chuckz71

Chuckz71 Member

I’m thinking I may have to go Maximus for flash tuner if the PVCX order doesn’t produce. Not that Maximus is a bad product at all, but without buying a tablet and making a setup like TwomanyXB1s, there isn’t an interface while riding (a nicety). I also suspect Dynojet’s C3 software provides a bit more (user friendly and assistance with change guidance) than Direct Link. I will also order a wideband setup (have to for Maximus datalogging), and will try my hand at DIY. If I can’t tune it well enough I may have to pay for a tuner service. While Noemntz could get it done, if I go that route I’ll take a trip to a reputable dyno to get numbers too. I’m hoping to hold off dyno tuning until I get ready for cams (year or so from now).

• Like Like x 1
  15. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    You can only squeeze so much out of a stock or cammed 106 Freedom. I would want the support and the tune from Maximus is as good as it gets from the tuners I’ve spoken to. My Magnum X1 is smooth and tight. She pulls strong.