Dynojet Power Vision CX and Hacker Mayhem Exhaust | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Dynojet Power Vision CX and Hacker Mayhem Exhaust

Discussion in 'Victory Octane' started by jdmoore144, Feb 16, 2017.

1. jdmoore144

jdmoore144 Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2017 Victory Octane
    So to make a long story short, my Octane has been at a local shop for about 2 weeks. I had them install a Arlen Ness Torquebox, and the Hacker Mayhem exhaust. I am using the dynojet powervision cx to tune the bike. First problem the shop ran into is with the exhaust. I wanted to use a tuner that flashes the ECM. So I opted out of their tuning device. Come to find out their exhaust does not have 02 bungs for the sensors and does not come with the deletes. Nowhere on the site does it say this either. This ended up costing $42 (which is no big deal) but also a week of time. We had to order from the manufacturer since Hacker did not have any in stock. Said it would take a 2-3 weeks if we ordered through them. Parts came in yesterday and to start tuning today.

So the Power Vision uses the stock o2 sensors. So it will go switch between open and close loop. So now we are having to drastically change the close loop part of the tune to make it stay in open loop. This has made it a little more difficult to tune.

NOTE: if you are going to go with an aftermarket full exhaust, make sure that it has o2 bungs for the stock sensors. Hacker Mayhem does not have them. I am not sure if some of the others do not either. Hopefully tomorrow we have some good results and some decent numbers.

Dynojet tech support has been easy to deal with. My shop and I have both called, and they have helped without any hesitation.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. vision_nut

vision_nut Moderator Moderator

vision 08
    so go back to the exhaust company and ask for exchange
    all pipes should have the holes for the 02's. Unless yours has plugs in it

3. jdmoore144

jdmoore144 Member

2017 Victory Octane
    Come to find out the exhaust is designed to work with their tuner. If I had known that I might of went with a different exhaust. They do not sell the exhaust any other way.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  4. B-Ship

B-Ship Member

Octane
    I didn't even think of that, I got their fuel controller which came with the deletes. So knowing what you know now, would you still get the CX or the PCV? I haven't ordered mine yet and I don't want to run into any problems.

5. jdmoore144

jdmoore144 Member

2017 Victory Octane
    I like the fact that the cx controls more than just fuel. Being able to tune the afr and timing is what I am after. If I had known, I probably would of asked for o2 bungs or gone uncoated. Then I would of had it coated locally after the bungs were welded in. All the tunes dynojet has right now wont work properly with this exhaust.

6. B-Ship

B-Ship Member

Octane
    well, I don't like this at all. I wouldn't give up my exhaust for anything. I wonder if it will be safe to throw one of the dynojet tunes on it so I can ride the bike down to the shop for a custom one. So many questions.

7. jdmoore144

jdmoore144 Member

2017 Victory Octane
    I don't either. Who are you planning on using? I will know more tomorrow on all how it works out.

8. B-Ship

B-Ship Member

Octane
    I have been talking to cycle werkz. They seem to know what they are doing and close to home.

9. jdmoore144

jdmoore144 Member

2017 Victory Octane
    Freedom recommended a&r and had good reviews. I have heard good things about them also. Bad part is there isn't many shops that specialize in cruisers. Piper performance does but he is in Boyd. I was going to do him but he messed up his back and is out for a little bit.

10. B-Ship

B-Ship Member

Octane
    I was back and forth a lot too. cycle werks does a lot of harleys and vics along with the racing and turbo street bikes. I just hope you get it all figured out tomorrow, I really want to use the CX.