VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I'm surprised you didn't change your intake to something other than stock to go with your slip on pipes.

I have never understood why some shops adjust the scales. Notice how the HP scale on the left side doesn't match the TQ scale on the right? Which explains why your curves do not cross at 5252. This video does a great job explaining why your hp and tq curves do not cross at 5252.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
I'm surprised you didn't change your intake to something other than stock to go with your slip on pipes.
Since the airbox on these things is a better silencer than it is a source of fresh air, the biggest gain in performance (while keeping the engine in stock form) will come from removing the airbox and replacing it with something that breathes better.

A lot of power can be made with the stock exhaust system in place, but you are very limited in how much power you can make with the stock airbox in place.

In my case, stock airbox: 81 HP
S&S airbox: 93 HP
So... a dozen HP from changing the airbox, which is quite significant.

After some engine work...
S&S airbox: 117 HP/119 Tq
Torque Tubes: 119 HP/131 Tq
That's why they're called Torque Tubes, y'all.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Since the airbox on these things is a better silencer than it is a source of fresh air, the biggest gain in performance (while keeping the engine in stock form) will come from removing the airbox and replacing it with something that breathes better.

A lot of power can be made with the stock exhaust system in place, but you are very limited in how much power you can make with the stock airbox in place.

In my case, stock airbox: 81 HP
S&S airbox: 93 HP
So... a dozen HP from changing the airbox, which is quite significant.

After some engine work...
S&S airbox: 117 HP/119 Tq
Torque Tubes: 119 HP/131 Tq
That's why they're called Torque Tubes, y'all.
How many CI was this? 100 or your 110?

·
Registered
192 Posts
got my gunner tuned yesterday

what do you guys think?
'16 gunner
k&n airfilter
v-performance slip-on
ud-pulley incl. buell belt
tuned with PVCX
all this was done only by fixing the ve-tables and the afr.
the tuner didnt touch the sparktimings from the stage1-file. should i insist that he does the timings aswell?
or would you leave it this way?
i think the numbers are pretty good for the few mods i did.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.