VOG Forum banner

Dyno time, any predictions?

13K views 187 replies 26 participants last post by  poptop 
#1 ·
I bought my 2015 XCT in October. I've since added the following mods (performance)

Lloydz air filter
Lloydz timing wheel at +4
Lloyd's 505 cams
Tank lift
Power commander V
Magnaflow mufflers

Tentative appointment is next Saturday. Any predictions on the HP/TQ numbers?

This is my first ever dyno appointment with tuning so I'm pretty excited. That 106 is a runnin' SOB so I can only imagine it after this. I haven't driven it with anything but the timing wheel and mufflers as the weather turned to crap.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads
#4 ·
115/115

Reactions: Alwhite00
#6 ·
Going with Vindex here. 115/115

#8 ·
With the 505’s will b 105-110 hp & 113-117 torque. It is very exciting & don’t make the mistake I made. I had expectations of 115/115 and became disappointed when got 108/114. The 505’s don’t produce the highest HP numbers BUT after my butt dyno & real world riding the upgrades were very noticeable & I quickly became very satisfied with how the bike performs. Is night & day difference when loaded dwn & running curvy roads with long, steep hills. Morale is don’t build it up so much that ur disappointed over a very few digits on some sheet of paper, judge the difference from the ride ability & the bigger $hit eatin grin on ur face

Reactions: Alwhite00 and Guest
#10 ·
I’m definitely not looking for max hP numbers. Just curious what the predictions were and see who is closest. Like I said, first time doing this. I’m mainly interested in torque that’s why I went with the 505’s

#11 ·
I started off with the underdrive pulley on my Magnum followed later with the cams and filter. The cams were the icing on the cake but if I had to choose one over the other I'd go with the pulley. That said I'm extremely happy with this combination with no desire for more mods. Bike is simply a pleasure to drive with more usable power everywhere. Pulley was such an improvement that I ordered a second one for my Hammer.

#12 ·
I went with 501's VM1-DR cams and the above statement is 100% spot on, overall rideability is vastly improved. Peak numbers don't mean anything at all.

#13 ·
@spamaster Do u have the 501's or the 505's? Sounds like the UDP would give u that bike. @LEVON106 Ur statement slid me 53-47 on the udp, I know I can get by without one but now I don't want to not @ least try one. Can always switch back to stock for long trip flat grounding if wanna.

#14 ·
HP 112 +1/-4
Trq 113 +1/-3

Or there about. As has been posted, there 'could' be bigger differences between the dyno, the operator, the temperature, the humidity, the smoothing, the gear etc etc etc. The main thing is to look at the gains in the most used torque range. Peak numbers are very seldom used.

#16 · (Edited)
@LEVON106 Being a life long woods dirt bike/ quads & yes I'm that old even the 3 wheelers I always went down 1 tooth on front sprockets & knowing the amount of difference it makes is the reason it was always right there in my brain lingering. Ur statement truly resonates , I bet ur right & I'd never change back. Even on long hauls we ride off the beaten path so rarely break 65 mph & the udp wouldn't effect the mpg's enough to care about & would greatly benefit the cause on our daily hilly/ curvy routes. Looks like I'm getting a UDP for our 26 yr meet a versery @ the end of the month......wonder what she'll get me!!!

#20 ·
Yep 505’s on the Mag no udp and 501s on the Xc with UDP I swear the mag is quicker. Breaks the tire loose a lot more and just feels more responsive.
The 505 cams although show less HP/ Slightly less Tq are a better street bike cam. I’m done trying to do 120 mph. I like getting to 90 quickly much better.

#23 ·
Yep 505's on the Mag no udp and 501s on the Xc with UDP I swear the mag is quicker. Breaks the tire loose a lot more and just feels more responsive.
The 505 cams although show less HP/ Slightly less Tq are a better street bike cam. I'm done trying to do 120 mph. I like getting to 90 quickly much better.
Add a UDP to that Magnum... Sound good?

#22 ·
I predict that any of your other hobbies and big ticket items on your honey do list will be put on the back burner for at least the next 12 months. :)
I have a few months of winter to get that crap done.

#24 ·
^^^^^ I bet Slicks thought about it, sometime will be a slow, rainy week & that’ll be enough to send him into the garage & just for $hits n gigs he’ll take the one off the 11 & throw it on the Mag just to see how much faster she’ll hit 90mph. Maybe HC’s nudge will recreate that itch & he’ll hafta scratch. I hope slick does cause I’m so curious how much diff the butt dyno would do with udp, 505’s & that Maximus tune. Do it slick, come on man just do it, you already have a pulley & it’s for science so is a great cause.

#25 ·
^^^^^ I bet Slicks thought about it, sometime will be a slow, rainy week & that'll be enough to send him into the garage & just for $hits n gigs he'll take the one off the 11 & throw it on the Mag just to see how much faster she'll hit 90mph. Maybe HC's nudge will recreate that itch & he'll hafta scratch. I hope slick does cause I'm so curious how much diff the butt dyno would do with udp, 505's & that Maximus tune. Do it slick, come on man just do it, you already have a pulley & it's for science so is a great cause.
Lol.......you sir are energetic and humorous. I'll be honest. I like the pulley but I like the gearing differences too. What I don't like is the inaccurate speedometer. I will be adding a throttle ring next just to reduce a little twist but have to say the magnum just needs nothing. The tunes are different obviously because the fuel tuners and the individuals that tuned each bike are different. Kevin spent a great deal of time on the magnum with the Maximus. He tuned it for all day riding and reliability. His words.
So my take on the difference between both.
My 11 XC pulls after 2800. It pulls strong to redline and even beyond up to 6k. Very linear. Kyle likes top end and likes timing. I had to reduce some at the wheel. So I Set it for 2*advance.
The Magnum is just a better ride around town. Pulls quickly starting at 2k and pulls strong to 5 k 5500. It runs with my buddy's 121 cammed and tuned CVO.
Pisses him off that it's my wife's bike. The Big Honkers also help on the quick acceleration part as compared to my more mellow wrapped D&D slip ons on the 11. Really two different feeling bikes that perform well. Think I'll leave well enough alone.
Besides I'm looking at another project that will require funds this spring so all fun stuff is off the table. Honey says enough just ride them.

• Winner
#27 ·
I hear ya Slick, as matter of fact U & HC is mostly the reason I chose the 505’s. My speedo is dead balls accurate right now & I know u get used to it being off I don’t want to mess that up. I keep debating the udp just because I don’t have one. I wouldn’t complain if it magically appeared on the bike but am very, very happy with real world pull I have now. Every other day I flip flop but I currently have no complaints about the stock one. Maybe few yrs in the future or maybe next week I’ll get 1 but today I’m ok. I think, maybe. Hell IDK

#29 ·
I hear ya Slick, as matter of fact U & HC is mostly the reason I chose the 505's. My speedo is dead balls accurate right now & I know u get used to it being off I don't want to mess that up. I keep debating the udp just because I don't have one. I wouldn't complain if it magically appeared on the bike but am very, very happy with real world pull I have now. Every other day I flip flop but I currently have no complaints about the stock one. Maybe few yrs in the future or maybe next week I'll get 1 but today I'm ok. I think, maybe. Hell IDK
I can empathize. The guy I trust over any other wasn't huge on the UDP. He felt Vic's gearing was pretty good, and he isn't wrong. But it was about this time last year I was feeling the itch to support our Vic vendors. I had accumulated some chrome and had some cosmetic and weight shaving ideas and parts and I had managed to damage, but not break, my drive belt. So I added the UDP to the list. Spent some money with a valuable asset to the Victory community thinking the whole time if I don't like it, I'll switch back and sell it used. Conquest will get some scratch and I'll get some fun with experimenting. Bottom line, I like it and kept it. Acceleration is faster, and 3000 rpm only becomes 3210 rpm.

Conquest does sell a Speedo Healer that corrects the speedometer. I will get around to that one of these days.

#28 ·
If I can find a seat that makes the Gunner more enjoyable to ride, the next thing will be an UDP. I would like to cam/intake/tune the XC, but it is the cruising bike, so it would just be 505's and cruise the country... The Gunner on the other hand, it's the bike I ride if I feel like fukin around!

#34 ·
Just to be sure is there any difference at all between all x bikes motor, they didn’t add lil bigger throttle body, diff ecu program , cams/ diff timing for the Magnums or X1’s? It is just an appearance package correct, not a motor package. All 106’s in the cross bikes are exactly the same right.

#36 ·
Just to be sure is there any difference at all between all x bikes motor, they didn't add lil bigger throttle body, diff ecu program , cams/ diff timing for the Magnums or X1's? It is just an appearance package correct, not a motor package. All 106's in the cross bikes are exactly the same right.
12 the addition of "easy neutral".

#35 ·
My transmission in the Magnum is tons smoother than my 11. The only changes if any may have been to the ECU. Different years may require different emissions settings but not sure.

#38 ·
When I took the magnum for a ride yesterday I tried to find flat spots while accelerating where the UDP would help. There are some areas for improvement but not as much as my 11 needed. The cams make the difference. 1/4 turn throttle ring is next.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.