VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
wkohn said:
Does anybody know where I can find Chassis dyno results for any of the stock touring Victorys?

Thanks,
Bill
It is Demo days in my home town and we will be doing some dyno runs, comparing a stock cross country,t stage 1, to stage 1 with custom pipes. I will try to post the results later.

·
Registered
167 Posts

Well here are the results we had. We had a bike dynoed stock, then the same bike had a stage 1 installed, and we dynoed my bike with a stage 1 map and airfilter but the stock pipes are gutted out ( only the end plate for back pressure) testing only to see.
STOCK- Blue run
STAGE 1-red run
STAGE 1 diff. pipe-green
The stock bike lost 1 HP and gained 1.5 ft/lb torque with a stage 1!!!!! NOT HAPPY
My bike stayed the same as the stock comparison.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
The stage 1 has a little better torque curve but the horsepower decrease and small torque increase is disappointing.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
5-7FtLb all across the bottom of the curve is pretty substantial, and it is falling right in the meat of the riding area. Take note also that the S1 makes a couple HP more at every point up to 4200RPM, and the peak torque of the other bikes is found in a small hump in the chart. that hump would have been cleaned away if the smootheing was set at 5; so those peaks would have been down a couple more points. 1-2 HP at the top is inconsequential, and could be a simple matter of the humidity being a couple of points higher during the run. The way I see it; the S1 is clearly a much stronger running bike

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

jophez said:
I agree that the stage 1 is stronger, but I guess I expected it to even stronger yet. Maybe my expectations were too high.
You are making the mistake of being stuck on peak numbers. The torque curve with the S1 pipes looks to show a 7% increase overall

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Kevinx is right, the stage 1 pulls hard all the way thru the power band.

·
Registered
167 Posts
kevinx01 said:
jophez said:
I agree that the stage 1 is stronger, but I guess I expected it to even stronger yet. Maybe my expectations were too high.
You are making the mistake of being stuck on peak numbers. The torque curve with the S1 pipes looks to show a 7% increase overall
You're right, I am looking closer at the torque curve and it does stand out above the rest.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
losing a little at 4500+ I guess really isn't a big deal since the 2000-3500 seems to be quite a bit better which is the cruising range.

Thanks for pointing that out Kevin

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

Jophez,
I have tuned my share of bikes over the years.. My first guess is that the stage I Victory Download is not providing enough fuel. Which doesn't surprise me because even their stage downloads are EPA friendly. I would go back to the stock download and get a VFCIII or a PWC. You will be able to dial in enough fuel then to appreciate the stage I.
WW

·
Registered
167 Posts

I may try that later, for right now I think I will try a different pipe. As I seem to be spending money at an EPIC rate on my new bike :):):)
Thanks for everyone's input

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
robbybintz said:
has anyone tried the rpw or stright pipes​
The RPW's don't fair to great, but I have a couple things to try on a friends bike to see if we can fix that. To date the best I have seen wer a set of straight pipes welded into the stock mufflers along with a VFC, and filter, and removed weather strip 89/106

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would think that since straight pipes do not help a Harley (unless it is a drag strip only) they would not help a Victory. I am betting that soon you will see systems from D&D, Vance & Hines, Rinehart, Hacker, and Supertrapp. All will help depending on your choice of cam or lack of it. The biggest problem will be getting the EPA approval stamped on the mufflers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rossco said:
the cats are in the header so you have to get to 80db so you can lable the test is in the fed regs so why change pipes?
You can reduce the restriction after the cats. They do it on Camaros and Mustangs all the time and get improved performance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
that is a car some states are bad on noise cars and trucks get away with more than bikes also those mufflers mostly are not really OEM whitch is tampering I have done fed teasting on exhaust for bikes and to be labled for fed you have to test on the bike it is made for each bike if at all changed has to be tested again it is a long and had deal to get done then who wants to buy it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.