VOG Forum banner

DURACELL BATTERY

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  slickvic 
#1 ·
Has anyone used the Duracell Ultra in their Cross bike?

My original battery was down to 9 volts after being on a battery tender over the winter. (12 XR). I searched local battery resellers for a replacement YTX20H (L) -BS with mixed success. Several of the shops, not bike shops, had substitutes of odd names with warranties of 3 months and or one year.

On a whim I checked Batteries Plus + Bulbs and found that they have the Duracell Ultra, Gray case, which shows as being made here in the US. $124.99, Order on line, pick up in store and use the pop up coupon code and save $10.00. Their website shows a $10 mail in rebate as well so now it is down to $102.49 plus sales tax.

This is a sealed battery.

Two year warranty. Bonus feature I found when I picked it up, the battery posts are threaded with steel inserts [placed in side the lead terminal "block" and, there are inserts useable from the top as well as inserts usable from the front so any additional power connections aren't all piled on top as the OEM battery had them.

I just picked it up a while ago today, will install it over the weekend.

Cross posted on another site as well.

See less See more
#2 ·
I put one in last year, it’s been a great battery. When I went to Batteries Plus the guy asked if I was selling or keeping the bike. When I said keeping he said buy the Duracell, which was good advice.

#4 ·
I have had good luck with Yuasa and Motobatt AGM Batteries on my bikes. Never tried the Duracell. I had a Batteries Plus battery once, but it didn’t last long. 2 or 3 seasons at best. It wasn’t Duracell tho.

#9 ·
I've had the Ultra for about 2 years now. Always on a tender when not riding. Phoenix heat will kill anything electronic quickly so 2 years is good for bike or car batteries. If I get 3 years out of it that will be a record for me on car/bike batteries since retiring here. When I lived in Reno, I don't remember even buying vehicle batteries. I'm sure they needed replacing but not very often.

#11 · (Edited)
I put one in my wife’s Honda motorcycle and it has been a great battery. And this bike barely gets ran and at times will sit for over a month and this battery fires it up very easily. When my battery is done I will definitely go with the ultra. I spend enough money on oil. No need to over spend on a good battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.