Dunlop’s E4’s & first 75 miles | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Dunlop’s E4’s & first 75 miles

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by Bikesofbrads, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2015 victory cct & 06 katana
    Put E4’s on today & first impression after 75 miles of roughing them in is good nuff so far. I hit some major curves so could take tire from edge to edge breaking them in. Great bite & even handled gravel piles well. I did notice my old Bridgestone Exedra was lil wider but whatever. The E4’s transition well from side to side. I bought @ Honda Suzuki Polaris Can Am of Jackson because had in stock & could mount them today @ the crazy price of $623 time installed out the door regular weights for balance. I kept my old front ( still has some life ) & paid the $2 disposal for my bald rear. I meant to take a pic of it looked like a slick edge 2 edge. I haven’t rode 2 up or loaded for travel or with groceries yet but will report as time goes by. Great handling so far though

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BP6666VR

BP6666VR Well-Known Member

VICTORY JACKPOT 2013 & Cross Country Tour 2014
    :huepfenicon111:
    :locked:
    :pepper1:
    :run:
    :yr1:

On a serious note

Can you report on your wet road and rain ride after a few weeks, coz E3 ar the worst tire in the world, so interesting to read about this E4 ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. IndyVictory

IndyVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
    E3 front and E4 rear here.
    Been running that for couple years.
    Doesn't suck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BP6666VR

I had a original 90/90-21 E3 up front and it was alright, but very strong rubber, I went with 90/90-21 Night Dragon after that and it's MUCH rounder and narrower, so better cornering

The E3 250/40-18 on the rear i removed even before it was finished, went to Metzler, apparently there are better tires then Metz but they are 3x better than that dunglop i had on the rear

Just my personal experience with riding style that only last 8000 to 11000 kilometers per rear tire

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Bikesofbrads

Holy crap only 8-11k’s that’s awesome for my imaginary tire stock but terrible on ur real life wallet. To each their own so ride on HARD:flame:

6. mister-g

mister-g Well-Known Member

2014 vision tour
    i'm on E4's for the first time and i love them. very confidence inspiring and they're still looking pretty good after 9,500 mi's. picked up a nail in the back tire at 2 thou and it held a slime plug just fine till about a week ago, tire pressure was at 32 psi the other day for the first time, hoping to get at least 15 thou out of them. can't comment much on heavy rain as i'm pretty much a fair weather rider but i have been it wet conditions without issue. the E3's were noisy after 5 thou mi's and no sign of that yet out of the E4's. i'm a fan :pepper1:

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. BP6666VR

I think it's the road conditions here in Indonesia, @Motorbikerx has the same kilometers per rear tire in OZ,

please note there are no highways here, it's 7 islands connected by bridges, it's very hot and no speed cameras, if I am in the same gear for 5 minutes that's exeptional ....

In the USA you have so many highways that even if you going to the twinsies that the highway miles still rack onto the tire, so 20.000 kilometers would be normal maybe ?

Anyway WOT is always just a twitch away ...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    I have E4s on both of my bikes now. They are much better than the E3s, especially in the wet. I still don't know what kind of milage I can get out of then though as I've picked up a nail in both rears and had them replaced. Just can't bring myself to ride on a plug or patch.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bikesofbrads

I’m curious on potential mileage as well on the E4’s.

10. ForestGiant

ForestGiant Active Member

2014 Victory Cross Country, 97 Honda Valkyrie, 99 Honda Magna
    I think you are going to like them. Worked great for me since Dec. 2018. $ 623 Yikes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    E4 or Avon Chrome. Only 2 tires I would consider for XC or Vision. I have E3 on the magnum and I see them leaving way before they’re ready to go. I forgot how much I disliked E3 when I purchased this bike.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. lesterlw

lesterlw Active Member

2013XCT
    I put 16,000 miles on my last set of E4s and I could not have been happier with the confidence they give me.I had a second set of E4s installed in July of 2019 and unfortunately picked up a nail in the rear tire at 11,300 miles in October 2020 and had Vicbaggers install a Shinko Journey they had on hand to finish out the front E4.The Shinko rear and E4 front make for a strange combination when crossing a steel grate bridge it just wanders all over the place.The E4 front will also wander some on a steel grate bridge and on tar snakes but you get used to it fast.I will report on the Shinko rear when it has 8,000 miles on it.I will likely get another set of E4s next summer which costs about $500 to $540 installed with weights.I only ride in rain when I just happen to get caught in it so I have no opinion on wet handling.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Bikesofbrads

It’s funny they told me $510 Installed so I rode the bike in & after the install they backpedaled said if I just brought the wheels in. They charged me 1.5hrs labor for the tire change. Sad thing is was 7 employees there, myself & I only saw 1 other customer come in during my 2 hr visit, he didn’t buy anything I understand they gotta pay the bills somehow I was happy to have my Vin # ran to check for recalls & such, pleased to report my rear brake line recall had been done Sept 2017 so is all good. Funny now I remember why I always used the Kawi shop on other side of town even for Suzuki parts. Shame John’s Kawasaki of Jackson is gone RIP John, Carrol & Lil John too, Carrol sold the shop after her husband & son passed away. The new owners changed the name after couple years & moved it to Chillicothe under name Custom Power Sports. I found a shop flying the Victory signage in Wilmington Oh by Ceasers Creek called Clinton power sports so gonna check it out too just for giggles. They wonder why people buy parts online......well duh Homer Simpson could figure that out

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    On my second set of E4s with the Vision. IIRC I got about 16k on the rear and 18k on the front.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Bikesofbrads

@md2420 Wow 16k that’ll work, my only concern is the rear E4’s a lil narrower so when we’re 2 up loaded I wonder how well it’ll hold up & how “stable” it’ll feel by comparison to the Bridgestone Exedras I had. I’m sure it won’t be an issue but still I wonder. FYI, We’re about 1300 lbs when loaded I think, been trying to find a scale when out & about just to see