VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On the lefts a OG size 130/70/18 Bridgestone Exedra Max with appox 13k the middle’s a brand spanking new Avon & e4 w/ appox 25k miles on the right. here’s my journey into a modern bias ply front avon road rider mk11 size 150/70/18 ....also did fresh spectro 10w fork oil +10cc’s for a total of 491cc’s of volume & I slid the forks 4.5 mm up ( ie fork cap + american penny ) into top triple tree to offset extra tire height plus my og issue of balancing out front end lightness feel esp n the wet. Updates as progress continues.......

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Reactions: normthenomad

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Updated with my favorite suspension data retrieval logging system..a zip tie around a fork leg, try n never ride w/o it

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
BTW that Avon Road Rider MK11 specifies widths of 3.5 to 5 inch rims, gonna start with 39.5 psi and go from there depending on heat, I like playin so that & modern bias ply technology made me try it. Truth be told, a 150/50 or even better 160/50/18 be my ideal but goddamnit, that’s what’s these test are for!!!!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update, got about 6k miles on that front Avon ( around 3k on rear ) along with increasing another 15ml of fork oil for total of 505 ml or cc’s of fluid volume using spectro 10w fork oil and I am loving this set up. My goal was / is for the bike to perform best when fully loaded on hilly / curvy roads and my current set up is the best handling of any tire / fork combo I’ve tried. The lydal gold plus pads are stopping her quickly, wearing very well without rotor noise and minimal brake dust. Love this bike!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts