VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Cross Roads Thursday, and I am finding the Drive Train is noisy, with the howling and noise, except for five gear it is the quietest! I did not take one for a test drive and I missed the Victory Demo ride this year L. Other having the same problem, or do I have a concern? Thanks

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
It's normal, they all do it. It gets a bit better with some miles but it isn't going away.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
DaveE said:
I just received my Cross Roads Thursday, and I am finding the Drive Train is noisy, with the howling and noise, except for five gear it is the quietest! I did not take one for a test drive and I missed the Victory Demo ride this year L. Other having the same problem, or do I have a concern? Thanks
http://thevog.net/forums/display_topic/id_4881/

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks for the replies gents, everyone is saying the same thing. I sure am enjoying the beast, time to not worry about the noise and have fun :)
Safe riding all!

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
DaveE-good attitude. The sound you hear is "Reliability".

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Will the louder pipes make it pop?

Sorry, had too.
If they Pop, then less drive train noise. See, problem solved. I told you Victory knew what they were doing!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just picked up a cross roads a couple weeks ago and I have just under 3000 miles on it. I also have a louder exhaust. I can understand a little drive train noise like most Vics have but this is off the charts, it howls worse than the cheap rev-tech in my Indian Chief. After the bike is up to temp, fourth gear at 3100 rpms the bike sounds as if the motor is about to lock up for lack of lubrication, then you hit fifth and it is silent. I have ridden two visions and put allot of miles on one last year and I never once hear any noise like this. My buddies 8-Ball does not do it either. Its not a deal breaker but if I had to do it over again I would have waited for 2011, then again how would I know, the two bikes I tested never made this noise and I pushed both of them pretty hard.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
I've got 4200 miles on mine now and it's either a lot better or I just don't notice it much anymore

·
Registered
14 Posts

MYVIC said:
..... it howls worse than the cheap rev-tech in my Indian Chief. After the bike is up to temp, fourth gear at 3100 rpms the bike sounds as if the motor is about to lock up for lack of lubrication, then you hit fifth and it is silent. I have ridden two visions and put allot of miles on one last year and I never once hear any noise like this. .....
I have the same thing on my 2010 Vision. Somewhat annoying. After almost 3000 miles I "notice" it less. Have stage two pipes on it.
BTW, I just like to make my bike lauder, any lauder pipes anyone knows of?

·
Registered
28 Posts
MYVIC said:
I just picked up a cross roads a couple weeks ago and I have just under 3000 miles on it. I also have a louder exhaust. I can understand a little drive train noise like most Vics have but this is off the charts, it howls worse than the cheap rev-tech in my Indian Chief. After the bike is up to temp, fourth gear at 3100 rpms the bike sounds as if the motor is about to lock up for lack of lubrication, then you hit fifth and it is silent. I have ridden two visions and put allot of miles on one last year and I never once hear any noise like this. My buddies 8-Ball does not do it either. Its not a deal breaker but if I had to do it over again I would have waited for 2011, then again how would I know, the two bikes I tested never made this noise and I pushed both of them pretty hard.
yeh, I woulda have waited as well. I just bought my 2010 3 months ago :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.