VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Belt runs to the outside. Compensator sounds loud and not normal. Are they known to break. I do ride
very hard.
There are several threads about compensator noise and fixes with washers etc. Try the "search" tab and just put in compensator.

I have been having problems with my belt tracking properly also. You set tension/ deflection with right adjuster and left adjuster will fine tune where it tracks in pulley. On mine it won't track center. 1/8 of turn of left adjuster it will track left 1/8 turn back it tracks right again.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Where is the belt tracking on the front pulley?
That's a good question, I have'nt looked. I replaced the belt and rear pulley with used ones off a low mileage salvaged CC. Front pulley looked good. That was 18K ago and it's been getting progressively noisier. The last 5K on a trip out west it was so bad I did the Ivory soap thing a few times. I think I will bite the bullet and buy a new belt and check the rear pulley with a dial indicator.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have seen a couple of guys on here take there belt off and reverse them and they claimed that the belt was quite again my belt will run in the center for a while then to the right then back to the center the pulleys have so much run off its hard to keep them in one place forever

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.