VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed recently if I don't hit the downshift from second to first and I go into neutral, that I can not shift from neutral to first without my gears clanking a lot. I have to upshift from neutral to second, and then I can shift to first. This is when my bike is still moving. Is something up with my transmission or clutch,or is this normal for our bikes.

·
Registered
671 Posts
yep sounds like the shift fork has broke the tips of the fingers off the same thing happend on my 04 kp at about 10k mostly do to me slamming threw the gears have you'r local dealer check the shift fork for wear on the tips on the ingaugement ends !!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so is the shift fork covered under warranty? The bike had 200 miles on this before I purchased new from the shop. I recall the drag being there when I got the bike, but wasn't sure if that was normal. Now with the neutral downshift problem coming upmaybe someone was getting on this bike to hard before.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I went back and read one of your previous posts titled:

Bike turned off, clutch lever pulled in feels like clutch is slightly enaged

It sounds like you many have had some clutch/gear problems from purchase. I would take it to your dealer. Warranty should cover it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the help guys, I am a bit concerned about the bikes condition now. Other little things are popping up as well. I will see how this company's customer service works out and will report back to other Victory owners.

·
Registered
396 Posts
OK, I am curious to hear what they say. From my end, my Victory dealer has been more than helpful with any issues I have had.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
What bike is IT?

The nature of the Vics is a clunky sound. Not a grinding. I have issues with my 05 pin getting it in Nuetral, but never really need it to be there. I keep it in gear at stop lights and also park in gear as a parking brake.

When cold I have to do a sort of ginger double clutch and bingo glides right in. I finally had the clutch plates replaced at 140,000 miles with the Barnetts. Still same clutch cable although LOL I'm a bit hard on the belts. Snapped a couple on bad shifting technique in the mountain twisties and one at Streetmasters Advanced Turning Clinic. VRA to the rescue!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2008 Hammer edition. This sound I hear when getting stuck in neutral on the downshift isnoticably loud gears grinding against each other. I do have a hard time getting in neutral at a stop as well and I am aware of a little gas to pop into neutral ata stop as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.