VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dayam! You just gotta wonder what some people are (or aren't) thinking when they saddle up. I feel naked just riding without a jacket, but it's upwards of 90 degrees and even higher humidity here in the other Jacksonville (FL). But I won't go out without helmet, gloves, jeans, and boots.

BTW, you made me LOL with the "michelin man" comment!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

La_Gata said:
Dayam! You just gotta wonder what some people are (or aren't) thinking when they saddle up.
This quote from the article may help explain that part;
"has been charged with driving while intoxicated"
Besides being pretty consistant with the gear, I don't do that either, its scary enough out there with the text-messagers etc. when you have full control of your faculties.
La_Gata said:
BTW, you made me LOL with the "michelin man" comment!
It is sad, but true!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
... Shinden, you're not alone- there's more than just safety in my mind when I gear up. Let's just say there's LOTS of reasons I won't be riding bareback on my bike either! :p

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

Only problem I see is they were riding drunk, that's all.
Has anyone here ever rode in the buff ? sober ? really ?
All short jokes aside, I would love to go for a long ride in my B-day suit, problem is, nobody really want's or needs to see this, unless their drunk, lol.
AGATT, to each their own, back roads, hot chick, SOBER, no one around, naked ?
Only live once, just be willing to pay the price IF you fall .

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
What some guy's and girl'swould do for a thrill.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
advntrus said:
Not to make any excusse, because there really aren't any here. I live in NC. We have soldiers at Fort Bragg and Marines in Jacksonville. These guys are on the front lines of both wars. Some times they come home wound a little tight.
Can you blame them?
Shawn
Yeah, that's true, there's lots of stories of what guys did when on leave during WWII. My Dad had a few from Halifax, NS from 1944 - 45.
Then there's the military culture, which I think is common in most countries.
I attended a large safety seminar in Alberta some years ago.
One keep speaker was Major-General (Ret.)Lewis MacKenzie.
He related a story about the proper assessmernt of your audience when instituting safety prorams.
Prior to the closure of CFB Calgary, they had problems with young, Canadian soldiers going into town and getting liquored up, then either making a nuisance of themselves ordriving back to base, drunk.
Someone had an idea; put a breathalizer machines in the soldier's favorite establishments.
Things got WORSE!
The reason; they were competing to see who could blow the highest score on the breathalizer.
The initiators of the program did not take into account that they were dealing with a tight knit, compedative group of young military men. ;)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

While working a Fallon Naval Air Station (Nevada), I found the EOD guys to be just about the craziest and loosest group. Sure, I liked them, but boy!, sometimes those guys did some weird things!
Most of them were career military, and didn't like what the military was turning into - in their words, a college dormitory. One man had 19 years in and got into a "loud discussion" about who's computer it was - they both stormed off and went into the hangar. Both came back a little later bruised up, and the 19yr guy said, "what's he gonna do, take away my birthday? @#&@ it".
just for informaion...

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
skid marks on the street probably match the skid marks on that seat lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.