VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For fellow greying around the temples riders, solid white hair riders like me, hair no more riders, etc., and this applies to both women and men riders:

Don't Let The Old Man In

I thought this was worth sharing. It starts with Toby Keith playing golf with Clint Eastwood. That sets the stage.

At one point, Eastwood said to Keith, "I turn 88 on Monday.

"What are you going to do?" Keith asked.

"I'm going to shoot a movie," Eastwood replied, with filming scheduled to begin the following week.

"What keeps you going?" Keith asked him.

"I get up every day and don't let the old man in," Eastwood said.

"I'm writing this down right now," Keith replied.

Keith didn't ask him if he could contribute a song, Keith just went home and wrote it, sent it to Clint and hoped that he would consider it. And, he did.

Here it is:

·
Registered
865 Posts
For fellow greying around the temples riders, solid white hair riders like me, hair no more riders, etc., and this applies to both women and men riders:

Don't Let The Old Man In

I thought this was worth sharing. It starts with Toby Keith playing golf with Clint Eastwood. That sets the stage.

At one point, Eastwood said to Keith, "I turn 88 on Monday.

"What are you going to do?" Keith asked.

"I'm going to shoot a movie," Eastwood replied, with filming scheduled to begin the following week.

"What keeps you going?" Keith asked him.

"I get up every day and don't let the old man in," Eastwood said.

"I'm writing this down right now," Keith replied.

Keith didn't ask him if he could contribute a song, Keith just went home and wrote it, sent it to Clint and hoped that he would consider it. And, he did.

Here it is:

Heard that song a while back and it's one of my favorite terms these days.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hand to God just an hour ago I bought an action cam so I could share with my family back east and have a record in the case of a bad event. Being alone since my baby past 2 years ago the old man was apparently sticking in a toe. F that, I'm too young but??? Thanks for the good karma... Maybe I'll open the house to a brethren bnb....its a great area...ride on....

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
T or C is a great area, I agree, BrotherWind. I grew up in Albuquerque's North Valley and went to school in Socorro. Sorry about your loss but please, Don't Let The Old Man In. Get out and ride, my friend in the wind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for sharing that story and reminder. I saw Clint Eastwood's recent movie (Mule) from which the video is taken and thought to myself, "How does he keep pushing and doing movies at his age?"

I'm only 51, but I tell people, "Our bodies are not like automobiles. It's not the years, it's the mileage". Regardless of the mileage, injuries, and wear, I appreciate this kick-in-the-ass reminder.

I'm gonna keep pushin' the old man out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.