VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking seriously of getting the Sargents seat ($300) for the Octane. Washington is going to have some decent weather so I'm planning on riding around the Olympic Peninsula (200 miles) for some serious seat time to decide. It seems the stocker is getting a little more comfortable with time. We also have a custom seat builder here (Richs Seats) but I havent used him in 6 years. Please share your experience.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought my bike pre owned so it came with a corbin gambler. it's a firm seat so it's not all that more comfortable than the stock seat in my opinion. that being said, i toughed it out and did a roughly 600 mile ride a few weekends ago with about 9 to 10 stops total. some short stops 1 long stop for lunch. I guess if i could change anything, i'd get a gel insert to soften it up a little.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm thinking seriously of getting the Sargents seat ($300) for the Octane. Washington is going to have some decent weather so I'm planning on riding around the Olympic Peninsula (200 miles) for some serious seat time to decide. It seems the stocker is getting a little more comfortable with time. We also have a custom seat builder here (Richs Seats) but I havent used him in 6 years. Please share your experience.
I've had the Sargents seat for 4 months now and I can tell you it has made a world of difference in how long I can ride without stopping. It is very comfortable and supportive without detracting too much from the stock look of the octane. Highly recommended

·
Registered
125 Posts
Don't limit yourself to the box of only an Octane seat will work. My 1st seat was a Sportster seat that I had to modify. Extremely comfortable for the driver - but not for passenger. The next seat is both comfortable for both the rider and passenger. It is a Sundowner seat for a sportster.... 1st seat cost $35? the second cost $150.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice job on both of those! I have a big touring sled (Yamaha Venture) for two up. The Octane will always be a solo bike. Have thought about modifying a 'spring' seat also. Test rode a Cross Country Tour the other day that had one of Richs custom seats and was reminded how great his seats are. They mold the seat for my skinny butt to relieve pressure on your nerve back there. THEY ARE AWESOME! Thinking of popping for a Ostrich skin cover in gray or just soft black pebble leather with red stitching....,
I am the only person that will ride this bike so a custom seat made for Me is realistic. I'm not worried too much about cost. Will check with him next week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had the Sargents seat for 4 months now and I can tell you it has made a world of difference in how long I can ride without stopping. It is very comfortable and supportive without detracting too much from the stock look of the octane. Highly recommended
Thanks so much for the info on the sargent seat. I really like the look of the stock seat but it hurts after 50 miles, and most of my rides are 70 to 100 miles. I was considering a Corbin but the sargent has the look I want. My previous bikes Kawi ZRX, GPZ and a 99 sportster also hurt my butt, so I am not that optimistic, but you have fueled the fire! Many Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.