VOG Forum banner

Do it Yourself Professional Oil Change?

4K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  Jeb27 
#1 ·
Some may laugh at this post, but I cannot be the only non-mechanical Victory owner out there. My motorcycle mechanic skills are bull shizzatical at best.

I learned how to change the oil on my motorcycles by watching YouTube lol. Sad but true. Dad left town when I was young blah blah blah..... I was trying to save a few bucks........so.........for you experts, what else do you check or perform during routine oil maintenance?

I change the oil filter, oil, and check the tire pressures. That is about the extent of my, "Do it at Home" maintenance program. Am I missing anything? Please do not say, "Read Your Owners Manuals." I hate Owners Manuals..... in my house they end up stuffed in a closet, under a bed, tossed in the attic, or thrown in the trash.

Ride Safe

#32 ·
Learn how to do small things "one at a time". Note your successes, and that will help you build confidence for more advanced wrenching later on. One day you will replace the air filter. Helpful hint is to have the tank mostly empty so it's easier to handle, and less likely to get damaged. After removal I use an old cushion to place it on so it doesn't get scratched. If you buy a tool for every new project you need one for... it won't be long before you'll need a nice new box to keep them in.

#33 ·
No garage! Can't even try. I do know they tension the belt though. Tire & air shock pressure. I do know that if my tire pressure is not perfect the bike feels a little strange to me and I don't trust it. I tend to push the envelope and do not want to run the risk of my back or front tire sliding out due to low air pressure. Safety first! :ok:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.