Do it Yourself Professional Oil Change? | Page 3 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Do it Yourself Professional Oil Change?

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by rlknight, Mar 10, 2015.

1. caw391

caw391 Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 Cross Roads Classic
    Clean and Lubricate the clutch cable ends, and adjust it properly, at every oil change.

2. primethious

primethious Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads
    Learn how to do small things "one at a time". Note your successes, and that will help you build confidence for more advanced wrenching later on. One day you will replace the air filter. Helpful hint is to have the tank mostly empty so it's easier to handle, and less likely to get damaged. After removal I use an old cushion to place it on so it doesn't get scratched. If you buy a tool for every new project you need one for... it won't be long before you'll need a nice new box to keep them in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jeb27

Jeb27 Well-Known Member

Victory Vision 2014
    No garage! Can't even try. I do know they tension the belt though. Tire & air shock pressure. I do know that if my tire pressure is not perfect the bike feels a little strange to me and I don't trust it. I tend to push the envelope and do not want to run the risk of my back or front tire sliding out due to low air pressure. Safety first! :ok: