VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I put a set of RPW slip on's on my 13 Cross Country. Do i have to get a chip on it or can i run it how it is?
Things are bit different with Victory than what you might be used to.

If you have done nothing with the intake other than removing the sound gasket you can run it as is with no issues. If you change the intake to say, a Lloydz air filter, which flows far more free then you will need to do some kind of tuning with either a Dobeck or PC-V style piggy back tuner or a Maximus style re-tuning of the ECM (the onboard computer). Those two intake and exhaust changes would be too much for a Victory brand stage one tune. It would leave it running too lean.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
You should be good with just exhaust, but the bike will gain a lot more and ride will be better with a good tune.... If you plan on getting better air filter like mention above, you should save and get both at the same time.

Reactions: 13SicVic

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
You can unplug your O2 sensors to richen it up a bit at cruise and you'll be fine. Your best option as has been mentioned is a good tuner, if you do that I'd get the Lloydz filter at the same time.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ordered the Lloydz Tuner through the local Polaris shop. I'll check into the filter as well.
Thanks for the input gentleman
Also ordered a new timing wheel. Looking forward to the results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.