VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know strange question but I have to ask. And yes, I know I got cams, should have posted performance cams, for those that like to jostle words.

When I got this bike, the things listed are what the previous owner stated it had. Now, I have confirmed the intake, timing wheel, tuner, and exhaust. What I haven't confirmed is the cam set.

Now, the reason I ask is that I'm heading toward an upgraded tuner (PCV or Maximus) and will be getting it tuned once I get it. So, in order to avoid yet another tune, I would like to confirm that it actually has cams in it. He said it had the IAC, but it wasn't there so maybe I'm skeptical. The guy I got it from did some sort of trading with the original owner so it's a pass through as he didn't hardly ride it, too much for him he said. I did get in touch with the original owner and asked a couple/few questions. Not sure how definite he was because literally he said he got all the Lloydz goodies from Arizona Victory in Tuscon. This doesn't necessarily mean it's got cams.

I haven't ridden another Vic with goodies on it, I have ridden plenty stock. This ain't stock, that I know. Is there a way to know whether it actually has cams other than popping the caps? I'll do that if I have to no problem, just curious whether there's a different way to know on this bike.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I would think email LLOYDZ or the mech. in AZ will confirm your suspicions. There should be a record of receipt of what was done to it in case it needed to come back for maintenance I would surmise. Especially if it got the full treatment

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think email LLOYDZ or the mech. in AZ will confirm your suspicions. There should be a record of receipt of what was done to it in case it needed to come back for maintenance I would surmise. Especially if it got the full treatment
Problem with that is because of the closures, that's just an Indian store now as far as I know. Doubt Lloydz themselves would know. Anyone can order anything through distributors these days.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Lloydz still might know. They have a registration card with the bikes VIN. If the previous owner or Mechanic sent it in, Lloydz will have record of it.

Reactions: primethious

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lloydz still might know. They have a registration card with the bikes VIN. If the previous owner or Mechanic sent it in, Lloydz will have record of it.
Kool. I'll give them a shout might get lucky. otherwise no way of knowing?

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Did they give you a dyno print out? I'm not sure of any other way of knowing. A tuner, intake, timing wheel, exhaust, and a tuner will give you a pretty good bump over stock, but cams will bump it up even more. We would be able to tell by the graph.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did they give you a dyno print out? I'm not sure of any other way of knowing. A tuner, intake, timing wheel, exhaust, and a tuner will give you a pretty good bump over stock, but cams will bump it up even more. We would be able to tell by the graph.
They original owner said 114/116 but I don't have a graph. Thinking I can get more since all it has is the Dobeck style tuner. Plus some minor other stuff getting added along the way.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If your is in the 95-105hp range then no cams. If it's in the 115-120 range then it definitely does have them.
Ok then I guess from what the previous owner said it has them. Couple reasons I want to konw actually, if it didn't, was gonna get them. If it did, it lets the tuner have a closer baseline to start from, cost are affected by time.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you had cams you would all read have a PCV look behind both side covers.
You don't find one you don't have cams
It has the Lloydz GenIII. Which is yet another reason I'm skeptical. Someone told me or I read somewhere that you wouldn't be able to run cams without a PCV style tuner. I agree to a point because the Dobeck can only add fuel. I can't say that this hasn't had a flash of sorts as well though so I'm a little bit in the dark.
Seems the best thing for me to do is to pop the covers off and look for the numbers but that would mean new gasket, no biggie I guess.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ano
If you had cams you would all read have a PCV look behind both side covers.
You don't find one you don't have cams
Another thing that makes me think it's been flashed is that it's redline is over 6k

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
The guy may have had Lloydz up the rev limiter on the ECU and if he did that then he also got a better tune within the factory ECU and the speed limiter removed as well.
Just because you don't have a PCV doesn't mean you don't have cams, but with a PCV you should be able to get a couple more ponies and have a better reacting throttle throughout the throttle position and rev range.
If you get a PCV then you will need to get a code from PC to have the rev limit up'd to 6 or 6.4.

It would be interesting to know what the timing wheel is set at.
Most have them at 4, but some are set up to 6.
I think 4 is more conservative in case you run across a less than normal batch of gas,

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The guy may have had Lloydz up the rev limiter on the ECU and if he did that then he also got a better tune within the factory ECU and the speed limiter removed as well.
Just because you don't have a PCV doesn't mean you don't have cams, but with a PCV you should be able to get a couple more ponies and have a better reacting throttle throughout the throttle position and rev range.
If you get a PCV then you will need to get a code from PC to have the rev limit up'd to 6 or 6.4.

I think 4 is more conservative in case you run across a less than normal batch of gas,
Mine is at 4. I tried 6 but seems like it was pinging uphill doing 85 on 115 temps so I backed it back down. Runs done that way

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Ok little help here. I popped the front cap up (easiest one to get through). It does have Lloydz cams in it but I can't tell whether it's the HPT or the standard Vm1. All that's stamped onto the end cap is VM1. Question is they are both VM1 cams, just one is the HPT. Could it be that I don't have the HPT cams?

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Ok little help here. I popped the front cap up (easiest one to get through). It does have Lloydz cams in it but I can't tell whether it's the HPT or the standard Vm1. All that's stamped onto the end cap is VM1. Question is they are both VM1 cams, just one is the HPT. Could it be that I don't have the HPT cams?
Ask Lloydz....

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Phone message. I'll give them and Kevin another call tomorrow. Wasn't til about 3 my time (PST). FB Kevin but they are just now getting up and running. If they are just the VM1 I'm thinking I'd be better off but I do spend a good bit of time at the upper end of the register. Son is picking up a PCV for me so having a good idea what I have is helpful. Since it already has a timing wheel PCV makes more sense than the Maximus. Hate going into anything blind. Still gotta find a good tuner in this neck of the woods though.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Make sure to clean out the holes and use a drop of blue loctite on the bolts and also use a new gasket when you put it back together. Trust me..you don't want it to leak...makes a huge mess!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.