1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Not too shabby. I actually like it better than the 2019 Chieftain fairing! It's a nice option for those that have Chiefs and want to change up the look without going too crazy.

·
Super Moderator
26,110 Posts
I like it better than what it came with. That was always the killer for me.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like it better than what it came with. That was always the killer for me.
The Chiefs come with a clear windshield like a CrossRoads.
We never had anything great for the Xroads..just the Memphis Shades deal. I liked my clear windshield and I had better wind protection than the CrossCountry.

Yes, I like this fairing's look better than the new Indian one....but it has no adjustable windshield...which, after riding a Vision, is a MUST! Haha.

I like the willow green paint job on the fairing, as well. Nice job.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
This, along with the Victory XC, proves it is possible to make a good looking fairing that doesn't look like a Harley batwing. If Polaris isn't going to use Michael Song's designs they should just ditch that German dude and hire John Shope. That's a damn good looking fairing.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
It looks good on the outside, but it has an Asian appearance imo.

Looks like it would allow a bunch of air to come underneath it.

The drivers side is extremely plain.
How about a nice digital display and electric windshield for that kind of price.

·
6,677 Posts
The plain presentation of the interior part of this fairing is why I cited the Chief or Chief Vintage as potential customers for this piece. I would not replace the fairing on the Chieftain for this one, obviously. And to be fair, there are a lot of riders who don't want the ride command option, so this works well in that scenario.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The plain presentation of the interior part of this fairing is why I cited the Chief or Chief Vintage as potential customers for this piece. I would not replace the fairing on the Chieftain for this one, obviously. And to be fair, there are a lot of riders who don't want the ride command option, so this works well in that scenario.
That's what it is for-- it replaces the quick release windshield and has Bluetooth stereo.

When Victory was rolling along, we had many posts of guys putting batwings on Cross Roads and even Vegas's.
All we had available were kind of lame HD clone fairings.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
That's what it is for-- it replaces the quick release windshield and has Bluetooth stereo.

When Victory was rolling along, we had many posts of guys putting batwings on Cross Roads and even Vegas's.
All we had available were kind of lame HD clone fairings.
The Victory XR optional fairing did look a lot like a batwing but functioned well, just a bluetooth stereo if I remember correctly. I never did understand why it didn't look like a XC fairing though. If I was running the show the model lineup starts with XR/XC, modeled after the HD RK/SG, just like Springfield and Chieftain. So some buyers clearly prefer the cheaper windshield only model, but we also recognize that there is a market, including aftermarket, for guys to add very basic fairings to their originally non-faired bikes. So why did the XR fairing look like a HD batwing? Couldn't they make and sell the exact same thing, a quick release fairing with a blue tooth stereo, that fits over the Vic headlight with room for the speedo, and is styled similar to the full XC? I'm thinking 700-800 bucks should get something that basic, no need for instrument clusters or touchscreens, etc. I would say the same for Indian, but their new fairing already looks like an HD anyway.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Victory XR optional fairing did look a lot like a batwing but functioned well, just a bluetooth stereo if I remember correctly. I never did understand why it didn't look like a XC fairing though. If I was running the show the model lineup starts with XR/XC, modeled after the HD RK/SG, just like Springfield and Chieftain. So some buyers clearly prefer the cheaper windshield only model, but we also recognize that there is a market, including aftermarket, for guys to add very basic fairings to their originally non-faired bikes. So why did the XR fairing look like a HD batwing? Couldn't they make and sell the exact same thing, a quick release fairing with a blue tooth stereo, that fits over the Vic headlight with room for the speedo, and is styled similar to the full XC? I'm thinking 700-800 bucks should get something that basic, no need for instrument clusters or touchscreens, etc. I would say the same for Indian, but their new fairing already looks like an HD anyway.
Stuff like that, I could never understand.
"We're different"... Up to the design of the initial bike, then some "B" team of goons handle the rest?

How many times did we discuss better ways Victory could conduct themselves here on the ONLY decent Victory forum --- it's not like they needed to monitor a dozen forums.

John broke ground here with Witchdictors, HMD540, HotVics.... who else?

Polaris finally starts to get a clue...and then we have Whine step in.

I thought the video of the drifting baggers was the height of Victorys really gaining street cred....FINALLY!

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Stuff like that, I could never understand.
"We're different"... Up to the design of the initial bike, then some "B" team of goons handle the rest?

How many times did we discuss better ways Victory could conduct themselves here on the ONLY decent Victory forum --- it's not like they needed to monitor a dozen forums.

John broke ground here with Witchdictors, HMD540, HotVics.... who else?

Polaris finally starts to get a clue...and then we have Whine step in.

I thought the video of the drifting baggers was the height of Victorys really gaining street cred....FINALLY!
Boy that question brings back memories. As far as whose been in it for the long run...can't forget Ness, it wasn't just him lending a name to the signature series models, but he was probably the first aftermarket accessory supplier. He did make some pretty good looking chrome bits and at a time when cruisers HAD to have such an accessory line available to be viable.

I think one of the most often overlooked vendors is Conquest Customs. I think Scott started Conquest in 04 or 05 and man is he a freaking artist. Buying stuff for my Kingpin has been something of a pastime of mine for the last decade, I've probably bought from more vendors than people ever realized existed and sumbitch if every one of the tiniest details on any product from Conquest isn't 100% top shelf. Performance or looks, that cat gets it, in an exceptional way.

Speaking of performance, can't forget Lloyd, but in the beginning this dude Dave formed PMRT, psycho motive racing technologies. I don't know if he or Lloyd came first, but I know he made V92C's go fast, that was awhile ago.

When it comes to forums and online support, the VMC was first. Not only did the factory monitor it, they participated on it. We even worked together with them on the AVR and V2V. Fuk I miss those days. As the VMC grew they made some bad decisions on membership and website rules that imo caused a big decline in it's relevance and today I think this site probably sees more traffic although their FB page is probably busier than all the remaining forums combined. Sad.

It just burns my biscuits. It's like bottom of the 9th, World Series, game seven. Series tied 3-3 our team down by three, last batter, two outs, and CRACK he hits a bases loaded slammer headed for the fence. And the left fielder makes a leaping grab at the fence to deny the grand slam. The other team gets the trophy and we go home empty handed. So. Freaking. Close. Fukkin Scott Wine is the left fielder.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Just throwing that out....if it doesn't elevate your heart rate, something's wrong!

Iabob-- How could I forget Conquest Customs!
We saw a lot of companies come and go. It was an amazing time. I felt part of something. WE were spreading the word. Victory Motorcycles was finally getting respect-- and we loved our brand.

The RIDERS made it. Not Polaris. Inspite of Polaris .

Yeah-- the left fielder. That's why it stings.

I don't have any of the same feelings for Indian. I like the brand-- always have --- well, not the versions with HD clones in them.
Indian did what it did alone. They got marketed right and built right, and got a free ride on a recognized name.

Victory was born on the 4th of July by Americans who volunteered to work that day.

·
6,677 Posts
I always liked that spot. You just can't do that with Polaris-indian because it doesn't translate. Their bikes reek of old museum piece bullsh!t. The Scout family not so much, maybe - that bike doesn't really have much of an image at all. The FTR - well, that will be a departure of sorts. People do need to stop calling it a sport bike, though. It's NOT.

This is the problem when you lock yourself in to a certain image. It's hard to get away from it. I found Victory Motorcycles to be fresh and exciting. That is what drew me to them. Polaris-indian does nothing for me at all. I don't fit on their machines and I don't buy into the image they created. To me the FTR is just a wanna-be contender, the latest of many trying to cash in on the latest trend. I'm sure there are plenty that will buy into it, and that is fine. I will go my own way. I'm not a sheeple, and I think that is another defining feature of Vic riders - We tend to go our own way and defy norms and conventions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.