VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any experience with a hidden antenna thats direct replacement thats better then stock i cant get crap for reception i have to use my ipod all the time and my playlist is only so big

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve tried two different generic hidden antennas, or is it antennae? With no improvement at all. These were not powered either. Pretty much given up on FM and listen to Spotify and songs stored on my phone.

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
thats what im doing but on a ipod because i have a iphone 8 and cant hook to the damn aux cord plus dont think it would fit in the glove box
I have not seen anybody happy with changing the antenna to another hidden option.

http://www.thevog.net/threads/new-goodies-for-my-vision.135209/

Really all you need is a Bluetooth receiver. Get one that plugs into a USB port. Get a USB cigarette adapter and plug the recover into it for power. Then plug the AUX cable into the receiver and pair your phone.

Then if you want to change tracks you can add this simply Bluetooth remote. It use your phone if you mount it on your bars. Mines there but the remote is easier because I wear gloves.

Satechi Bluetooth Button Series (Media Button) for iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6 Plus/6/, iPad Pro/Air 2/Air/Mini/3/2/1, Samsung Galaxy S8/S7/S6, Note 4/Edge/Pro/Tab Pro, Google Nexus 9 and more Amazon.com: Satechi Bluetooth Button Series (Media Button) for iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6 Plus/6/, iPad Pro/Air 2/Air/Mini/3/2/1, Samsung Galaxy S8/S7/S6, Note 4/Edge/Pro/Tab Pro, Google Nexus 9 and more: Cell Phones & Accessories

I've been running this setup on my 13 since I got it and it works great. I stream Pandora exclusively.

This is the style receiver I'm talking about. They don't have the one I use anymore. Don't be afraid of the cheap prices. I paid under $9 for mine and it's great and replacing it is easy.

QOFOWIN USB Bluetooth Receiver Adapter Wireless Audio Adapter Car Kit Music Receiver Bluetooth Car Adapter for Home/Car Stereo Sound System, Portable Speskers, (Aux in) with 3.5mm Cable (receiver-new) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074WQRPFG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_OAIdBbKZYNREZ

Reactions: Might.Byte

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
i dont like to steam anything because i still have a data plan because im a tight ass so i download spotify so i dont use data
Bluetooth is not data. Download the tracks and then stream them with Bluetooth. That's free. You can use Bluetooth to play anything you can with a 3.5 AUX connection.

However, just some stats I see actually streaming music on the bike, in the truck, boat, and the gym. That's 6-7 hours in the gym each week alone. Even with that I only average 1.5 gigs a month using it. At most I'll hit just over 2 gigs but I'm sure I use it more than most.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have a 160 GB Ipod Classic. I currently have enough music to play 24-7 for 7 days without a repeat and it's no where near full.
We're riding from San Jose, California back to NJ 8/1-8/15. 15 days. Eee-Gad - I need more music !!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have not seen anybody happy with changing the antenna to another hidden option.

http://www.thevog.net/threads/new-goodies-for-my-vision.135209/

Really all you need is a Bluetooth receiver. Get one that plugs into a USB port. Get a USB cigarette adapter and plug the recover into it for power. Then plug the AUX cable into the receiver and pair your phone.

Then if you want to change tracks you can add this simply Bluetooth remote. It use your phone if you mount it on your bars. Mines there but the remote is easier because I wear gloves.

Satechi Bluetooth Button Series (Media Button) for iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6 Plus/6/, iPad Pro/Air 2/Air/Mini/3/2/1, Samsung Galaxy S8/S7/S6, Note 4/Edge/Pro/Tab Pro, Google Nexus 9 and more Amazon.com: Satechi Bluetooth Button Series (Media Button) for iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6 Plus/6/, iPad Pro/Air 2/Air/Mini/3/2/1, Samsung Galaxy S8/S7/S6, Note 4/Edge/Pro/Tab Pro, Google Nexus 9 and more: Cell Phones & Accessories

I've been running this setup on my 13 since I got it and it works great. I stream Pandora exclusively.

This is the style receiver I'm talking about. They don't have the one I use anymore. Don't be afraid of the cheap prices. I paid under $9 for mine and it's great and replacing it is easy.

QOFOWIN USB Bluetooth Receiver Adapter Wireless Audio Adapter Car Kit Music Receiver Bluetooth Car Adapter for Home/Car Stereo Sound System, Portable Speskers, (Aux in) with 3.5mm Cable (receiver-new) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074WQRPFG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_OAIdBbKZYNREZ
I find this to work well and doesn't break the bank.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GHUHMUS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
I've got one on my 08. I would have recommended it as well but the OP seems to have a 3.5mm AUX cable and not a 30pin iPod connection. I realize this one has a 3.5 plug but you would have to charge it and have limited play time unless like my 08 you have a powered iPod connection giving endless playtime.
Mine is plugged into the iPod connection as well and I connected an extension that I am able to plug directly into it if I need to. I just put the phone on bluetooth and play whatever I want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.