Did The VOG have anything to do with your puchase of Victory Motorcycle | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Did The VOG have anything to do with your puchase of Victory Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Poll Threads' started by bobbyg, Aug 26, 2009.

?

1. Absolutely

14.8%
  2. Among other sources

16.5%
  3. Not at All

22.5%
  4. Had the Vic before you found the VOG

46.2%
  1. bobbyg

bobbyg Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Indian Chief Vintage/Arizona Turquoise , Honda GL 1800 with Hannigan Sidecar

2. 49AK59

49AK59 Member

2011 white/silver Cross Country
    I became interested in the Victory XC motorcycle while attending the 2010 National Motorcycle Show in Seattle, Washington. After returning home I googled Victory forums and found the Vog.net along with several other websites. I liked the format of the Vog with Andy at the helm and I've been a member ever since.

3. Rick19744

Rick19744 Member

2012 Vegas
    Definitely did. This forum is a great source of information. Loved the interviews that Andy did. I knew what to expect, especially with the Victory trademark "clunk".

4. Bujee1

Bujee1 Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country, and 2016 Cross Country Tour
    How’s this for resurrecting an old thread?
    I’ve got too much time on my hands. With the latest shut down, I can only ride as far as my bladder allows because bathrooms are closed at gas stations.
    Any way,
    I can’t remember which came first for me, the VOG or my 2011 XC. But I will say the VOG did influence my decision to buy my second and third Victorys.

You guys have been a wealth of information over the years. I would not have gotten the courage to wrench my own bikes if it weren’t for you.

Thanks everyone.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. parker3

parker3 Active Member

2007 Kingpin Deluxe
    Found the VOG after I bought my Kingpin in 2011, still love my Pin!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Pauljp

Pauljp Well-Known Member

2014 Cross County Tour
    No

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

2014 crossroads classic
    Harley davidson was the main reason i bought my 14 classic, product quality, ride quality overides spending status for me. Besides i bought mine second hand without having to pay the harley "ive put extras and miles on this so you can pay for it wank factor"

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. BP6666VR

BP6666VR Well-Known Member

VICTORY JACKPOT 2013 & Cross Country Tour 2014
    I like reading these old threads, I even casted my vote

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Yep! Throwback to some better days. My first encounter with Victory was at a home and garden show that a few of my clients were displaying in, so Inwent to go visit them at their booths, sales rep support kinda thing. A local lawn tractor dealer had three Victory Vegas’ on display and my God, the way that scalloped tank fishtailed right into the seat, the way the fenders and side covers all flowed as one design...I would have called it the most beautiful custom I’d ever seen, but there were three of them! Asked a few questions, but was not in a position to buy, let alone seriously thinking about it. 3-4 years went buy and my life situation was a lot different. I had this bug for awhile to buy a bike. Had been to the Harley dealer several times and had this gorgeous Softail Deluxe all picked out and something innthe back of my head reminded me of that lawn tractor dealer...stopped in to see if they still had those motorcycles, didn’t even know if Victory still existed. There were about six bikes on the floor amongst a bunch of John Deere lawn mowers and Stihl chain saws and such. And of those six was this full fendered Kingpin. And the rest they say is history.

I do still remember how amuzing it was circa 2010-2014 as so many new XC and Highball buyers discovered the brand, but complained about dealer network, inventory, and accessories. Buddy you shoulda seen what is was like back in the early mid 2000’s!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. BrotherWind

BrotherWind Well-Known Member

Vision tour 10th anniversary. #90
    Funny the Polaris/Victory dealer here in Las Cruces is also a big Stihl dealership. Hmmm...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Blowndodge

Blowndodge Well-Known Member

2013 Victory XCT
    Nope. I was one of those that fell victim to "Ride one you'll own one" at the Long Beach Motorcycle show in late 2012. I was hesitant to join the VOG or any site other than for mechanical things I might need to know. Otherwise it's just a cluster phuck of opinions of non experts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ghostrider25

Ghostrider25 Lone Rider of the Apocolypse

'14 Victory Vision.......... '17 Triumph Trophy ...... '11 Suzuki GSX1250FA
    No for me too. I had already made my purchase and found this site after. 6 years later, I'm still here with you filthy animals! :badgrin:

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. don07tncav

don07tncav Active Member

Two 2009 Victory Visions and 1975 RE5 Suzuki
    Nope, had a couple of Valks and wanted a bike that was just as dependable. Saw the videos about the motors and they sold me on the brand. Hated the looks of the Vision but made the mistake of riding one two up and my wife loved the thing. She talked me into buying one. Looks grew on me after riding it. 99,000 trouble free miles on one, 54,000 on another, and so far about 15,000 miles on an 09 Anniversary. Still riding the 09 with 99 and the anniv. Finest bikes I've owned.

• Winner Winner x 3
  14. Motorbikerx

Motorbikerx Well-Known Member

Victory Vegas Low 2010
    No.....
    First time I heard of or laid eyes on a Victory was at Burleigh Bars,
    Kurtso, the owner of such said hey come in next door and have a look at my new bike!
    He had bought the very first Victory sold in our state.
    He is now on his third, a black XCT.

Fast forward to 2012 I think it was and the big crackdown on so called "bikies" in my state, following a couple of shoot outs between rival clubs, the police formed a task force with swat type
    overtones, and draconian anti civil liberties laws enacted.

I was on a poker run organised by a 1% club I have mates in, and was riding my XS2 Yammy 650 ratbike,
    a multiple ratbike trophy winner .
    There was a police blockade just before the starting point, the Goodna pub , west Brisbane.
    Everyone was getting pulled over for the usual licence and warrant checks as well as high bars , noisy exhaust and illegal helmet checks.
    The cop said my helmet was out of date and I wasn't going anywhere with it, another cop in a suit started taking personal details of my lady who was riding pillion.
    Then the first cop spotted my XS was dropping oil (as they tend to do) and issued me with a fine and a defect notice , then he let us ride off and let me go on the old helmet.

The poker run was great, once the task force decided we weren't gonna break the law and out the back of Ipswich our tail dropped off.
    Our speed consquently went up as we enjoyed the deserted rural back roads to the next pub, turned out to be a top day, apart from the fine and defect notice.

The next weekend there was another poker run put on by another clubs Brisbane chapter, I decided to attend but left my XS650 at home and instead rode my Kwaka GPZ900r
    It didn't leak oil and I gave it a good clean up prior anyway.
    Just as well , as approaching the clubhouse we got pulled up again ,
    And as luck would have it by the same friggin cop!
    "On your good bike today Sir," he said " these bikes are legendary".......
    Blow in the breathalyser Sir he said.
    Then off we went on the poker run, which was good.

Arriving home and cleaning up my XS650 to get the defect off it I thought "**** this! Im gonna buy a better bike, gonna get me a Harley!"
    Now I was at Burleigh Bars shortly after and Kurtso said " Mate get yerself a Victory, they're a better bike!" and I started doing some research, put the XS and the GPZ on the market and talked to a few people including an engineer who had repaired a Victory Hammer that had blown a gearbox while doing a burnout against the clubhouse wall.
    Mark was full of praise for the engineering of the Victory engine,and the whole bike really, I was starting to get won over and I started looking on eBay Gumtree and bikes .com.
    for a good used Victory .

Found a Hammer in Cobra colours in Mackay for 23K which I didn't have, around this time I was talking to a guy at the local shops with an old Mercedes sports about his car, as a fellow Merc owner ( '80 300D turbo) I had interest in his which had some rust, he loved his ol Merc and was concerned with the rust.
    He told me what he had been quoted to repair and repaint and I said mate I'll do it for a lot less so he gave me his car for a month and I cut the rust out and blended the paint into the existing and got 17K for my efforts.
    Now Vic's in Oz were selling used between 17K and 30K so I was in the game!

Shortly after an enthusiastic buyer bought my XS650 without even test riding it, paid full price and was happy, must've been priced right hey!
    The Hammer in Mackay was sold so I kept looking and kept watching YouTube stuff on Victorys.

Then bingo! Late one night I'd been scouring the internet and was about to go to bed, just had another look on Gumtree and there was my Vegas!
    Just popped up! only one pic a short description and a phone number.
    It was too late to be ringing someone in Victoria so I sent a quick text asking what was wrong with it, as at was a bit below market price and only had 14K Kms on it, and it looked magnificent.

Got a call next day from the owner, said he had 60 bikes and needed to sell some, I put a grand in his bank and boarded a plane the next day with my helmet n leather jacket and a few pairs of socks and the rest if the cash, .....a mate in Melbourne picked me up from the airport and drove me out to the guys shed in Ringwood,
    I checked the bike out, done the deal and he had set up a permit for me to ride it home.
    Next morning I was leaving Melbourne to ride home by the shortest distance in daylight hours.
    Which of course I didn't do , I went east heading to the east coast to ride back up the coast road.
    Got involved in a bit of a race with a new Turbo Land cruiser on the road to Eden , he knew the road so was rounding me up thru the Twisties and I'd pull away on the straights!
    The power of a big V-Twin was all new to me and I'd never ridden a cruiser before but by the time I got to Eden and a cheap motel, I was wondering over!
    Took a leisurely ride over 3 days to get home to sunny Queensland, stopping to eat 2 dozen oysters by the river was a real treat.
    Arrived at my sister's place near Nabiac the next night, her man was so taken by my Vegas he shortly after bought a brand new Boardwalk which he still owns .
    I still got my 2010 Vegas, looking back the cops really done me a favour getting me off shitbox Jappas by defecting my XS (which the new owner fully restored to pristine condition I might add)
    My GPZ 900r sold about a month later and jumping back on it for a short ride up over the mountain behind me made me almost not wanna sell it, Worlds apart but so fast and precise...but the dude had the cash and didn't try to beat me down so he got the bike.
    Everyone was happy
    170K plus kms later the Vegas has big bore and cams and still going strong, I've added an XC to the stable for longer trips, and just bought HCs hotrod Kingpin, well 4 months ago and it's still in transit.
    My hotrod Vegas will be up for sale soon as the Kingpins in my hands and I swap over my Burleigh Bars and RPW Slash pipes.
    Gee look at the time! Been writing this for over an hour, gonna give the girlfriend a nice wakeup under the sheets and she can cook done bacon n eggs and I think we will take the XC for a ride.
    Victory- We Ride!!! On and on and on... IMG20201114220934.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. mister-g

mister-g Well-Known Member

2014 vision tour
    bike first, vog later. glad i found this place though cause it's the only place to share the love of these machines. nobody else gets it :liebe069::pepper1::ride::winner_smilie:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1