VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here... hope this question is ok to post. I'm currently trying to find a deal on a used Victory. the owner for a bike I saw today claimed it was a 2003 kingpin. the victory vin decoder page confirms it. but I can't find any information about a 2003 kingpin. everything I've read says the kingpin first came out in 2004. what's going on? here's a pic if that helps. thanks...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Hi Welcome aboard! First & foremost you can't go wrong with a Vic. They are rock solid bikes.
That looks to me to be a Touring or Sport Cruiser. The Kingpins are considered part of the Vegas series to the best of my knowledge.
I think 2004 would have been the first actual Kingpins. They have the Arlen Ness teardrop gas tank and a sleeker leaner look than the TCs, as well as the full rear fender.
04 & 05 (5 speed, 92cu)were pretty much the same, the 06 gained the 6 speed & larger motor(100cu).
I could be mistaken so please correct me if so.
This is my 05 KP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx for the response. that was sort of what I thought... but then at this site: http://www.motoverse.com/tools/vin/victory.asp, when I enter the vin from the bike (5VPCB16D733000363), it tells me it's a 03 kingpin.

2003 VICTORY

KINGPIN

VIN:5VPCB16D733000363
World region:North America
Manufactured in:USA
Year:2003
Make:Victory
Model:KINGPIN
Body style:Road / Street
Drive type:RWD
Cylinders:2 Cylinders

I told the dude I'd make a deal today if I wanted the bike... so I wanted to figure this out before I sealed it.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
The picture is a 03 V92C. If the serial numbers is for a King Pin, something smells fishy to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that must be it... thanks.

another question... is this a decent deal for $7k? there's about 12k miles. you can see the extras in the pic... beach bars, back rests, luggage rack, floorboards, saddlebags.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I would ask if he could send you a copy of the title. 7k is not bad for an 03. Looks like you will not have to add any other parts. Don't know where you live, but maybe you can bring to a dealer and ask him to run the Vin and see what kind of warranty work was done. Also like the black fork legs they added!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
That bike picture reveals that it is definitely a TC, not a Kingpin. The Kingpin was first itnroduced in 2004. It looks like the Vegas, except it has 18" front wheel, inverted forks, and full FAT fenders.

The price seems right. The TC's are nice bikes. The earlier ones had some wierd tranny sounds and were underpowered somewhat. The later TCs fixed the tranny and put them on par with the other Vics.

Looks like this one has some really nice mods.

The TC's are really comfortable rides. I have a buddy who has a 2003 and a 2005 Hammer. The TC gets more rides than his Hammer. Reason? Comfort!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Not a TC (Touring Cruiser), they have hard bags and a three inch extended frame. It's a C (Cruiser)

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Ok, a little info on the older style bikes

V92C Made from 99 - 03 (this is the bike in the picture)
V92CD Same as the C but Deluxe has windshield and bags. Made from 01-03
v92SC Sport Cruiser made from 00-01 Truly a bike before it's time.
v92TC Touring Cruiser made from 02-04, Hard bags and 3 more inches in the rear
V92TCD Deluxe model Same as above just more bling and spoked wheels.

Not 100% sure on the dates, but very close. In 99,00,01 they all had the older style Hammer engines. 02 and above they came with the freedom platform.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
View attachment 19055 I know this is an old thread but I just purchased a 2003 kingpin says on the title and all that I didn't think they existed till 2004
Yeah an old thread. I remember reading somewhere that the issue for some of these bikes was in the title only. Some dealer selling something they didn't fully understand and the bikes were titled wrong.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
View attachment 19055 I know this is an old thread but I just purchased a 2003 kingpin says on the title and all that I didn't think they existed till 2004
What Tree said. What you have there is a V92C. For some reason it appears some of these 03's were titled as Kingpins even though the Kingpin wasn't released until 04 and has a different frame, suspension, body work..pretty much different everything except the engine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes I have an o3 classic cruser an it seems to be same exact every thing. And I also have an 03 Vegas I'm working on an only thing that's the same is the motor an motor components

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.