Did someone ask about Landing Gear for Victory? | Page 2 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Did someone ask about Landing Gear for Victory?

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by working dog, Sep 19, 2020.

1. working dog

working dog Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Cross Country, BMW1200CL
    I'm sorry his air activated landing gear collapsed. As I said in my initial post...my research shows that the "Legs Up" system designed in America does not have a good reputation.
    On the other hand the GLK system is electronic and will not collapse once the wheels are down. If you would like to take the time to view the many Youtube videos of the Korean GLK you will clearly see that once the wheels are down, pillion passengers and the riders can use the footrests to climb on board. Pretty handy for short riders as well.
    In short...it would appear that the airbag system used in the USA is problematic.

Here is a very clear demonstartion of the initial GLK landing gear being put under stress.

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. working dog

working dog Member

Victory Cross Country, BMW1200CL
    I considered converting my XC to a Trike but the cost was horrendous!
    Because I've come to conclusion that I will be using this Victory XC (I just love her) until they take my licence away due to age...I decided to install the GLK 209 system.

• Like Like x 1
  3. broggyr

broggyr Administrator Staff Member

2013 XCT
    I hope you get much enjoyment out of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. IndyVictory

IndyVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
    I know a guy that has a system like that for his bike. He hasn't used it for a while it was mainly during his recovery after an accident but it's still on bike if needed. No idea the brand name of it. Doesn't look like any posted here.