VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy I work and ride with says that Suzuki might be buying the Victory brand name from Polaris? Has anyone heard anything about this? I find nothing. Any info appreciated!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
There is noway polarass is going to sell the Victory name to anyone.
Why would they want to?
They are better off as a company if the name and brand stay out of consumers minds.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True. But we can hope. Given the bagger market is getting smaller all the time, they may not mind getting rid of an "asset" if they feel they can't get hurt by it. Also, they might get out from under the 10 yr parts supply they supposedly will provide.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
A guy I work and ride with says that Suzuki might be buying the Victory brand name from Polaris? Has anyone heard anything about this? I find nothing. Any info appreciated!!
A friend of my uncles cousin knows somebody that has a friend that said the same thing, must be true. His friend is a Harley rider and he knows that all Vics were designed by Arlen Ness but of course built in Japan.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
True. But we can hope. Given the bagger market is getting smaller all the time, they may not mind getting rid of an "asset" if they feel they can't get hurt by it. Also, they might get out from under the 10 yr parts supply they supposedly will provide.
There's nothing for Polaris to get out from under and there's nothing for us to hope for. What are they going to do, buy the rights from Polaris to rebadge a Boulevard? Not something I'd hope for. The only way Polaris sells something is if they quit motorcycles, shut down Indian. Even then thanks to Polaris dip****s people still falsely believe that Victory didn't sell and wasn't profitable so why would Suzuki or anyone else buy it after Polaris themselves said it sucked? And if they did buy it, what would they make? 99% certain what would come out of it is a totally different bike, perhaps with some styling cues reminiscent of Victory, and a badge on the tank. Think Indian, Indian 2.0, Indian 3.0, 4.0...all the way up to Polaris Indian 6.0. None of them were the same bikes built by the same people with the same designers and engineers.

Maybe someday there will be a Victory copy with a Victory badge on the tank. Ok that's nice. But it's not the same and it really is a pipe dream. It's not going to happen.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A friend of my uncles cousin knows somebody that has a friend that said the same thing, must be true. His friend is a Harley rider and he knows that all Vics were designed by Arlen Ness but of course built in Japan.
He he he...well, he IS a Harley rider! I had heard nothing, and figured I would have on the VOG. Oh, my brother in law had a Boulevard. It sucked..

Reactions: bikendad

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
He he he...well, he IS a Harley rider! I had heard nothing, and figured I would have on the VOG. Oh, my brother in law had a Boulevard. It sucked..
Yes, Boulevards do suck, which kinda supports my pessimism. I'm trying to imagine an even slightly possible scenario. Indian is failing Polaris, they probably will quit Motorcycles pretty soon. Only then would selling the rights to the name Victory not be competition for them. So would Suzuki buy it, and why? Since their "cruiser/bagger" line already sucks they could put some XC styled bags and fairings on the bikes and replace the Boulevard name with Victory and sell a handful more American styled v-twins than they ar now. So if Suzuki could buy the name super cheap they might make a few bucks on it. Does that mean anything for us?

Trying to put some optimist shoes on and envision a positive future...what if a company like S&S acquired the rights??? I'm not talking new bikes here but they could make a kickass Freedom 120" brand new engine...and stuff like frames...could become a viable yet niche custom market that virtually ensures our bikes remain valued and roadworthy. At which point sometime down the road other possibilities might exist.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
LOL ya my buddy had a M109, loved how they mounted the oil filter on the front of the motor directly behind the front tire. He was coming into work one morning on the super-slab, a car shot a rock across the road that hit yep the oil filter and punched a hole in it. He was doing like 80 mph at the time around a sweeper when it went sideways from oil all over the rear tire! He came into work with the bike on the back of one of our tow trucks and he was white as a ghost!! He never rode that bike again and traded it on a Harley Ultra.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I understand that Harley is going to buy Victory. There are plans to redesign the engine so that a rebuild is required every 45 thousand miles. The cockpit will be shortened considerably, the price will double, and.......oh, wait. They already have that......Never mind.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Something as all American as a Victory Motorcyle and someone says a Japanese company is going to buy it. Oh this fuk’en reaks of HD BS. Lmfao.

Anyway ....... the frame design that belongs to the XC and Vision bikes is enough to put Indian on the floor with even me considering a purchase. This frame I speak of is what gives us the handling and the roominess of our beloved Vic’s. I’m am just beside my self that Indian hasn’t grabbed this concept and tried to make it work. Oh yeah I forgot. Indian is the better horse. They need to compete directly with HD. A company that has pissed off more of its faithful customers and at the same time found a way to hypnotize them to still com back and buy more motorcycles. Oh the irony..... the pain ........ the confusion ..... of it all.

Selling the rights to Victory ? I would beg that some of us financially able partner up and make it happen for real this time ! Fuk Polar-A$$

Reactions: They Call Me Bruce

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Was it ever in the consumers minds?!? Victory? Never heard of it. LOL!
That's because of the 1/2 A$$ ed way that Polar A$$
Presented their brand. Fuk polar-A$$

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I know.....he's so emotionally closed off. Makes me want to go to my safe space.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.