VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great Demo Days ride on May 14.
Rode the Vision first and all I can say is wow.
It will definatley be in my garage in a few years. Very good wind protection, comfort,and handled well for its size.
I took my hard core Harley buddy with me and he couldn't stop talking about it once he rode it as well.
Also rode a 2010 Ness Jackpot. Loved the power and sound, though the paint scheme is a little too busy for me.
Witnessed a guy drop a Hammer S. Looked as if he aquired his license in a cereal box.
$1000 accessories coupons were being handed out if you purchased a bike withing the next 14 days. Seeing I am finaly picking my bike up next Saturday, this was a great surprise.
All in all great experience
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts

i own A vision now and took a hammer and Jackpot for a demo ride.. loved the power,style & sound of a jackpot with those pipes!!! wish i could have that bike as well. i also witnessed someone drop a bike.. dropped a Cross Country!! the crash bar on the front completely saved the bike from harm..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,880 Posts
advntrus said:
OK, so keep in mind that the "Hammer S" that was dropped will be one of the bikes sold at the end of the year as a "Demo" Bike.
Just something for you guys looking for "Deals" on a bike to keep in mind.
Shawn
Bingo!! Got that right!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,995 Posts
l was the chase bike on around 7 or 8 rides yesterday. I drove everything but a Cross(since I own one).

Hammer was a little hard to ride since it's been a while and didn't have a windshield. However I rode an Ocean Blue/Sandstone Kingpin and I still thinks it's the best 'all around' bike ever built by anybody. It can be a cruiser, a semi dresser, looks good with or without a windshield.

Loved the Visions as always but the gauges now feel so far away. It was really windy and made a few rider nervous on the bigger bikes.

Of course the Cross' were very popular and the few I talked too after the ride were very complimentary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,518 Posts
Ironmanstl said:
Had a great Demo Days ride on May 14.
Rode the Vision first and all I can say is wow.
It will definatley be in my garage in a few years. Very good wind protection, comfort,and handled well for its size.
I took my hard core Harley buddy with me and he couldn't stop talking about it once he rode it as well.
Also rode a 2010 Ness Jackpot. Loved the power and sound, though the paint scheme is a little too busy for me.
Witnessed a guy drop a Hammer S. Looked as if he aquired his license in a cereal box.
$1000 accessories coupons were being handed out if you purchased a bike withing the next 14 days. Seeing I am finaly picking my bike up next Saturday, this was a great surprise.
All in all great experience
Hope he didn't do too much dammage to the Hammer as I want to test it out next weekend in Edmonton.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Not much damage, he just popped the clutch, forgot (or didn't know was more the case)to put his legs down when it stalled.. fell over on him...
Within the first 15 minutes of signing up for the bikes you wanted to ride, the Cross Country was booked till 3pm.
Hard to watch the old Victory demo guy clean the thick layer of dustoff each bike with a towel and spray bottle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,518 Posts
I've got an XR, so I want to take the Hammer and Possibly a Vegas Jackpot out. I rode the Kingpin last year and was thinking of getting that one till the XR came out. I can see everyone wanting to test ride the Cross bikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,463 Posts

bored76 said:
I've got an XR, so I want to take the Hammer and Possibly a Vegas Jackpot out. I rode the Kingpin last year and was thinking of getting that one till the XR came out. I can see everyone wanting to test ride the Cross bikes.
I feel that Victory has a totally different buyer in mind with the Kingpin than with the Cross-Dressers.
I agree with the comment made about the KP being versatile, and it could be even more-so if Victory was smart.The X-bikes will appeal to the more hard core bagger/highway/2-up crowd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts

I got to go to two different demo's rides this week. One was at the dealer where Ibought my bike Mid-City MotorSports for Vics. I drove a Vision and a Jackpot oyou think ona cold cloudyday about 45 out. Which one do you think I enjoyed just a hint it hadheated seats andhand grips.
The second demo ride ride was at a localTriumph dealer. I got there at 1:30and it was going on until 4pm. I thought I would have enough time to test ride 3 of the bikes the tiger, thunder bird ,thesport bike forgot the name. Well when Ipulled up there was about 100 other bikers doing test ridesand having a good social time.When I pulled in I was stared at quiet a bit with myCC. I had few people come up to me and ask if this was the Victory Cross bike.I had a big head of coarsehad a hard time getting my helmet off. But over all was a lot a different bikes and was a great cross section of bikers great to see and visit with.
Now for the review of the only bike I got to test ride because almost all of the times for the bikes where filled. Drum roll please the thunder bird! Well the bike was black and had bags and a shield on.
The ride would take place in the back country roads with a group of 10 bikes.
First off the good points WOW lots of torq. The bike revs easy and just pulls from low rpm's WOW to mid and flattens off. Compared to the Vic 106 the low belongs to the TB andthe goes to the mid goes to the TB a slight advantagebut the top endisa little betteron the Vic. As for the ride and handling the handiling is similar to my CC but I couldn't tell with only 20 mile ride the ride is a lot smoother on my CC. I know you Vic riders complain about popping the Triumph do the same thing on decles. Over all the bike was fun to ride but I wouldn't trade my CC for one.
One more noteI had wind turbulance hitting my helmet on top above 65 and it had lots of dirty air from below coming up FYI.
I hate typing so the review was shortened.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
SuperCC said:
I got to go to two different demo's rides this week. One was at the dealer where Ibought my bike Mid-City MotorSports for Vics. I drove a Vision and a Jackpot oyou think ona cold cloudyday about 45 out. Which one do you think I enjoyed just a hint it hadheated seats andhand grips.
The second demo ride ride was at a localTriumph dealer. I got there at 1:30and it was going on until 4pm. I thought I would have enough time to test ride 3 of the bikes the tiger, thunder bird ,thesport bike forgot the name. Well when Ipulled up there was about 100 other bikers doing test ridesand having a good social time.When I pulled in I was stared at quiet a bit with myCC. I had few people come up to me and ask if this was the Victory Cross bike.I had a big head of coarsehad a hard time getting my helmet off. But over all was a lot a different bikes and was a great cross section of bikers great to see and visit with.
Now for the review of the only bike I got to test ride because almost all of the times for the bikes where filled. Drum roll please the thunder bird! Well the bike was black and had bags and a shield on.
The ride would take place in the back country roads with a group of 10 bikes.
First off the good points WOW lots of torq. The bike revs easy and just pulls from low rpm's WOW to mid and flattens off. Compared to the Vic 106 the low belongs to the TB andthe goes to the mid goes to the TB a slight advantagebut the top endisa little betteron the Vic. As for the ride and handling the handiling is similar to my CC but I couldn't tell with only 20 mile ride the ride is a lot smoother on my CC. I know you Vic riders complain about popping the Triumph do the same thing on decles. Over all the bike was fun to ride but I wouldn't trade my CC for one.
One more noteI had wind turbulance hitting my helmet on top above 65 and it had lots of dirty air from below coming up FYI.
I hate typing so the review was shortened.
Super CC Do you have the stage 1 fitted to your CC ?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top