VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread

I have RPW Slash pipes installed on my High Ball, and I've been troubled by the heat given off of them. I wrapped them in the hope that would help, but it was only a very small improvement.
Recently I installed a couple of DEI heat shields, and the improvement is more than I expected. So far I am very please with the results. The one on the top pipe comes with a SS colored trim, so I sprayed it with the same HT silicone coating used on the wrap, so it blends in better. At first I wasn't too sure I liked to look, but after feeling the improvement in the heat control I'm glad I installed them.

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Right now, I'm only running with the stage 1 filter and ECM program. Oh, and disconnected O2 sensors. I'd love to install all the other "standard" performance upgrades that others love...but those will have to come at sometime in the future.
For now I'm having too much fun riding it!

· Registered
147 Posts
I had the same problem with my bike with octanes on, was at the point where i could barly put my right leg down at a stop as it felt like my thy and calf was cooking.

after geting a pcv and get map installed its so cool now i will be removing my heat shield i think. as i think it takes away from the look of the bike.

on the other hand yours seem to really fit as there color is great. i think the ones you have on suit the bike tbh

· Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are two different heat shields. The one on the lower pipe, closer to the front, does not have the ridged SS trim and is a lot more flexible. You could probably bend it around a corner on the pipe but I'm sure it would pucker and not look good.

· Registered
7,096 Posts
There are two different heat shields. The one on the lower pipe, closer to the front, does not have the ridged SS trim and is a lot more flexible. You could probably bend it around a corner on the pipe but I'm sure it would pucker and not look good.
What wrap did you use? I like how you used the silicone spray on that SS trim.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.