VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the advise and Adress from another VOG member, (Thank You )
I wrote and just sent this letter to Mr. B.
Dear Mr Blackwell, or Associate.

My name Is Dean Exxxx, I own a 2008 Vision Premium tour that i purchased from a private party in May of this year. The purchase of the bike also came with the extended warranty that with permission of the seller was to be transferred into my name.

Once i took delivery of the bike and had it back here in Illinois i went to Naperville Victory (which i have just learned is now after only 4 months no longer a dealer) and had the warranty transferred into my name. I was informed by the person at that time that everything went through fine and it is now in my name.

Two weeks ago i took my bike in to Randys Cycle in Huntley Ill. to have some general maintenance done as well as a couple warranty issues. 1) the handlebars are loose due to poor bushings, 2) the shift indicator doesn't know what gear it is in. 3) the trunk strap has come loose 3 times.
I was informed by the salesman at Randys, (Ralph) that although my name is on the warranty and it says the warranty is good through Feb 25 2012, that they could not honor my warranty because the proper form wasn't filled out at the time of transfer. HUH ?

It was explained to me (Last week) that i should have filled out some form and given 25$ for the transfer.

This was the first i had heard of this.

Naperville was quite new at the time i did this and evidently was unaware, as I, that any such paperwork was needed.
Ralph has been in contact with a rep from Victory but apparently nothing has been resolved.

My biggest wonder is, since all the databanks at the dealer have My name, all my info AND say that the warranty is good through Feb 25 2012.Then what is the issue?

I am planning a 5000 mile trip in the middle of October with 2 other Visions, and i would like this matter cleared up as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

Dean Exxxx

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Good luck Dean. Really don't understand why you made this public, but that's just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Could be Dean knows he is not the only person to buy a used Victory with an extended warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
bubba said:
Good luck Dean. Really don't understand why you made this public, but that's just my 2 cents.
With all due respect Bubba, Clubford00 has exhausted all other Avenues and went through every standard procedure to get this taken care of in a timely manner. Yes, I've been involved as I was the one who purchased the Extended Warranty.

While nobody wants this place to turn into a *****, Moan and Complain site, let's face it, this should have been a very simple thing to address in a timely manner to the satisfaction of the customer. Yes, call the toll free number, get the response: Contact Your Dealer. We've already seen way too many posts on ALL the sites about that experience. Clubford00 has been very patient in allowing this issue to be resolved. There's a paperwork trail on this and full documentation.

It seems like a simple issue that it was an error on the Dealer's part...a Dealer that had just opened, most likely forgot to fill in a blank somewhere (an "assumption") and has announced it will no longer be representing the Factory. That Dealer no longer has a vested interest in assisting this customer.

But Bubba, if you have a better, more constructive method in which to resolve this this situation, please feel free to let us know.

One day, when the Factory truly understands that they want people to rave about their products, they will focus in improving its Customer Service. Then, there will be fewer things to complain about. The "after the sale" experience is an important factor in long term Customer Satisfaction.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I am not suggesting that he should not be telling everyone what he is doing. He already did in another thread. Again, good luck, but I only need to know about it once.

·
Registered
657 Posts
As a newbie, I appreciate being informed about this situation. Additionally, it is an example of a great letter. It isn't ranting, whining, or threatening. It gives the customer's side of the story and respectfully but forcefully ask for a resolution to the problem.. Nice letter.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bubba said:
I am not suggesting that he should not be telling everyone what he is doing. He already did in another thread. Again, good luck, but I only need to know about it once.
Its funny you say this bubba as we are forced to hear your opinion of different things over and over and over and over and.........

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Clubford00 said:
bubba said:
Its funny you say this bubba as we are forced to hear your opinion of different things over and over and over and over and.........
Hurry up guys, this is starting to sound like a " Bubba-Clubford " special interest thread, could be shut down anytime now, never know around here ;)

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
spider said:
Clubford00 said:
bubba said:
Hurry up guys, this is starting to sound like a " Bubba-Clubford " special interest thread, could be shut down anytime now, never know around here ;)
You're a funny guy Spider!

Careful, you have the Mayor residing not too far from you!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Andy said:
spider said:
Clubford00 said:
bubba said:
You're a funny guy Spider

Careful, you have the Mayor residing not too far from you!
Thank you Andy for seeing the humor here, later, spider.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mike, Everything in the computer says i have the warranty my salesman at Randys that is helping me (Ralph) is actually doing what he can. He has contacted the local rep and its the local rep that is dragging his feet, So therefore in my opinion, since it is a rep from Victory, Victory should be handling this. I deal only with Randys in Huntley. They have always done right by me and everyone ive talked with that trades with them.
My only other dealer now is G&G in Wisconsin, but since they were not involved in this tebacle i will leave them out of it.
The BEEOTCH of the situation is that everything says its in my name and good through 2012 but somewhere along the line Polaris Star is pulling out the red tape.
I dont want to head out on this trip without everything being right so you can imagine my frustration.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Success !!

I just got off the phone with Ralph at Randys and they are going to honor my Extended warranty issue. (of course they still want their 25 $ transfer fee but thats fine).

One thing i want to state, Someone higher up at Polaris called Ralph at Randy's to follow up on this situation and explain that they would transfer the warranty based on a post they read !

Now the only place they could have read a post on here is a copy of the letter i originally posted. (This thread) I asked Ralph if they possibly read the letter i wrote to Mr. Blackwell, and he said they specifically mentioned a post they read.

So they ARE paying attention to us. And i thank them very much for taking care of this in a timely manner from when i posted it.

Now the not so good news:
They (Randy's) is still unclear if they are going to replace the Fork bushings under warraty, claiming it might be a "Wear" issue therefore not covered.

The bolt for the shifter is no problem.

I told Ralph that if they dont cover it , just sell me the bushings and ill put them in myself some evening.

So there you have it, I have the Warranty, and a lis of stuff not covered. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Success !!

I just got off the phone with Ralph at Randys and they are going to honor my Extended warranty issue. (of course they still want their 25 $ transfer fee but thats fine)
One thing i want to state, Someone higher up at Polaris called Ralph at Randy's to follow up on this situation and explain that they would transfer the warranty based on a post they read ! Now the only place they could have read a post on here is a copy of the letter i originally posted. (This thread) I asked Ralph if they possibly read the letter i wrote to Mr. Blackwell, and he said they specifically mentioned a post they read.
So they ARE paying attention to us. And i thank them very much for taking care of this in a timely manner from when i posted it.

Now the not so good news.
They (Randy's) is still unclear if they are going to replace the Fork bushings under warraty, claiming it might be a "Wear" issue therefore not covered.
The bolt for the shifter is no problem.
I told Ralph that if they dont cover it , just sell me the bushings and ill put them in myself some evening.
So there you have it, I have the Warranty, and a lis of stuff not covered. LOL
That's great news! I'm glad that the Factory stepped up to the plate and provided a quick solution to the warranty transfer issue. It was a well written letter Clubford!

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
As OneThumb has stated, maybe the VOG really is Victory's missing link.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Hey Clubford (and everyone). While I'm not embarrassed to admit that I don't have the skills to do my own service and don't know the expected "wear and tear" life span of a Fork Bushing, what's a reasonable expectation as to how long they should last in normal riding conditions?

For example, if they are expected to last for 20K miles and go out at 8K, should they be replaced under the Extended Warranty without question?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.