VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I love riding Deals Gap. That was a great vacation.
Here I got caught twisting BOTH throttles...

The weather was perfect, the roads were well kept and the riding was SWEET!
Scuffing the yellow lines a bit. I neglected to adjust my rear shock air pressure the first day. Rubbed way too early. After I aired it up, no problems.

Even the Wife loves this bike...

The wife snapping pics..

Big Smile now...

Look at those twisties!...

The spacing is now even under the tail pipe, after proper rear shock pressure. Rose said "Look, another Camera Guy". I said "You look, I'm staying focused on the road so we don't have to donate to The Tree of Shame".

And then we were off to Florida to visit KexinX, but that's another story.

I'm going to buy the originals soon as I get home, but these low res ones from the web are OK for now.
Enjoy.
Later.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Great pics! The wife and I rode NC 226A, a.k.a. "The Diamondback" a few weeks ago and had a great time. We spent nearly two days on the Blue Ridge Parkway and can't wait to go back.
I did the same thing you did, and forgot to set the rear shock pressure before we left the motel. Didn't take long to realize my mistake. With the air pressure set at 70psi, I really had to hustle the bike to get the pegs to drag. This bike is awesome!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I know, right! I only get to ride for 2 weeks every 6 months or so (weather permitting), so I like to maximize my riding time. Next leave is mid Dec, so I'm thinking the Florida Keys. Everywhere else will be cold.
That's a sweet ride and some great pics. Who took your action shots? If both of you were on the bike, did you go with a group?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice. Looks like a lot of fun!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
More fun than a roller coaster. Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have been to the trail of the dragon so many times that it has become boring to me.

I live on a mountain so I have plenty of curves and twists to be happy just going to the store.
It is even long distance to call the police, figure that 1 out.

Glad you had a good time.
Good photos from the both of you guys.

going riding got to go

dd

·
Registered
14 Posts

We are taking our XC down to the Gap on October 12th for a week. Thanks for the heads up on the rear suspension. Last time I was there in 07 I was on my Concours. I am sure it will still be a blast on the Victory. Ride safe everyone.
Bob

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Jackpot said:
We just got back last friday... rode on Sept 26th in the rain

Nice shots ! HD logo on your rain suit looks like a thousand words to me .gonna see that more and more. I noticed your black Country is faster than the bikes behind

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.