VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I've have a 2004 Kingpin that I bought new back in the day. It's stock except for the Stage 1 dealer install when it was new. I recently moved from Iowa to Colorado and the altitude is a challenge for the bike. The plugs foul quickly. I believe I need to have a dealer remap the bike. I local dealer just quoted me up to 2 1/2 hours @ $104 hourly. The hourly rate is OK. I question the 2 1/2 hours to remap. Is a throttle body cleaning and spark plug replacement included in this estimate? I could do that myself prior to an appointment. Does 2 1/2 hours seem excessive to anyone? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I do not think throttle body cleaning and spark plug replacement are included if you only asked for re mapping.
I don't know how long remapping takes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got off the phone with dealership. Apparently the dealer can't remap the bike without a key code. Key codes are only supplied with a stage 1 kit or similar. The bike doesn't have a Power Commander either so I'm kind of hosed. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help guys! I'll give the suggestions a try. I simply can't believe the system can't be tweaked to lean it out to prevent fouling plugs. I'm a small engine tech here in the Rockies. I rejet carbs all day long to prevent over fueling and fouled plugs.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Your ECM compensates for altitude changes, there should be no re-map needed. The thing is a stage 1 flash tune is what it is, no adjustments possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.