2008 kingpin- black with white flames {premium} MSRP $20189.00
with REBATE good till 3/31/09 $18189.00 + tax for TN residents
call Tony 865-577-6367
Thank you

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Hi phatpounder02
Nice bikes both were my choices for last year.
I have a question, the rear pulley are they chromed and do they come stock on your Premium Packages?
Thanks OneThumb

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Yes, this is a dealer listing. Phatpounder02 contacted me prior to placing this post to see if it was okay. I thought that we would experiment with it to see how it goes.

For the record, this is not a paid ad...just an experiment to see if this is a good service for the VOG Members. Depending on Member comments to this thread, we'll see if this is considered a helpful Member service or a nusiance. However I did ask him to clearly mark the subject line as Dealer Offer so that there was no confusion. I'll get this fixed so that all the cards are on the table.

So let me ask the Members, what do you think about allowing Dealers to place "sale" items on this site? Is this a good service for you? Personally, I thought it might be a good method to establish the going rate for specific bikes in this market. As we know, our dealers are having a tough time out there (just like us) and while just a year ago, the thought of a dealer discounting a bike was fairly unheard of, these days, it's becoming a fact of life.

So, post your comments here and we'll figure this out. I think it's wise to sometimes try new things. Some work, some don't.

·
Registered
162 Posts

I like this idea for dealers who are also members of the VOG.
Maybe we could set up a seperate forum section completely for member/dealer offers so we could go look through them quickly w/o having to hunt for them.
Right now you have forums broke up by Member / By Model/ Other topics it shouldn't be to hard to add Dealer Offers?
People come and check out this site before purchasing their first Victory and this might be a way to help future Victory riders pick up a good deal from a VOG friendly dealership and realize this is a helpful friendly site. Also, having dealer members would mean access to dealer mechanics for advice on service, repair and accessories.
Plus maybe I'll be able to get a better price when I'm ready to add a Vision to my garage.
Justone man'sopinion :)

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Jackpot said:
People come and check out this site before purchasing their first Victory and this might be a way to help future Victory riders pick up a good deal from a VOG friendly dealership and realize this is a helpful friendly site. Also, having dealer members would mean access to dealer mechanics for advice on service, repair and accessories.
Plus maybe I'll be able to get a better price when I'm ready to add a Vision to my garage.
Justone man'sopinion :)
Good Thought! While the dealer's who are still attempting to sell at full sticker price might not appreciate that other dealers are promoting lower prices, this site is about the riders and if we can encourage our dealers to work with us in this economy, they will most likely survive this downturn with the additional business.

While we (as consumers) don't hesitate to negotiate the purchase of an automobile, for many years that's been taboo when buying bikes. These days, every sale, even if it's at a lower margin to the dealer, assists the dealer in keeping their doors open. It also provides the opportunity for future service and sales of gear and accessories. Yes, it's a buyer's market and knowing the deals that are out there make us better consumers.

We'll see how this goes and that will assist in determining if this is a feature we should add to The VOG.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

My Thoughts, It's a Good Idea
If we had a Dealer Members Section where they could be listed, and Sub Sections for the US and for Canada. Dealers could then post Specials or Events if they wanted to. (A Classified Sction)
When I plan atrip I try to make the dealers on my route a destinationpoint, tee shirts maintenance etc. If when travelling and you have a problem, it's easy to get on the internet these days, just log on to the VOGto scearch out the nearest dealer.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Hey andy, just my two cents. Not a bad idea to have a" link/thread " for things like this, just maby keep it out of the " new posts ". I check out this site not for the " dealer deals " but for other riders opinions and experiences with victory motorcycles. All I need to do to check out " sales " is go on line and check out various dealers. I think this definitately has a place here, maby on the top where we see " new posts/my topics/profile forums, etc. that way if I want to check out " good deals " all I need to do is click on the top. spider ( again, just my opinion )

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
All of this input is very good for us here behind the scenes. We're listening to the opinions. Feel free to continue to add your thoughts and we'll do our best to make things easy (and uncluttered) on the site.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Oh one thing that would bother me, is if the dealer sells the bike have him move it to a sold area or delete it. I see that problem on car sites and just causes a ton of clutter and just pisses of the buyer if it is no longer available...

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd go with either the link idea or a specific dealer/vendor forum. And the seller would have to be required to make it known when the item is sold. Deleting the thread would be even better, since there would be no need to archive threads on bikes/products that are long sold and no longer available.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
If possible i think better than having it removed right away, i would like to see a "SOLD" embossed over the picture. This serves few purposes. First and obviously , lets everyone know it is sold. And second it lets everyone know Who is selling bikes and probably making deals. If it is just gone there could be any number of reasons.
After all we want the dealers to survive and grow. If i know a particular dealer is selling bikes, i know they are consumer friendly.
After a certain amount of time it can then be removed from the thread.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Clubford00 said:
If possible i think better than having it removed right away, i would like to see a "SOLD" embossed over the picture.
That works for me +1
The other thing I was thinking about, if the dealer is posting a bike on this site he should be required to give the OTD price. We all know how discounts work.. Deep discount then add huge dealer fees. I mean I negotiated pretty well and knew what I was going to spend and am happy about the amount I paid. But I look at the buyers order and look at numbers like dealer freight $ 997.63 dealer setup $975.25 dealer fee $299.95. If I walked in not having a clue I would have paid 2k over msrp.
I really feel if Andy is not going to charge dealers to place ads they should be required to show us their true out the door price.
Don

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.