Deal on 2014 Handlebars | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Deal on 2014 Handlebars

Discussion in 'Victory Judge' started by hunter3203, Jun 6, 2017.

1. hunter3203

hunter3203 Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 Victory Judge
    I've got a 2013 Judge and have already swapped out the original short bars for the 2" pullback bars, same as on a Vegas. But I've noticed that I'm still leaning more forward than I'd like and have been looking for some other options. I was doing an Ebay search on pullback risers when I ran across an ad for OEM Victory pullback bars. I checked the part # and they're the 2014 factory bars which have 4" of pullback compared to stock and 2" of pullback compared to Vegas bars. These are normally in the $200 range but I found the entire kit for $60 delivered. I've already ordered mine. They have 10+ in stock. Victory Motorcycle New OEM Black Pullback Handlebar Kit, 2879615 Judge, Vegas | eBay

A word of caution, these bars will require new longer cables all around and even something for the turn signal/horn electrical connection. I'll have to do some searching to find out how much that's going to cost. But the deal was too good to pass up even if i wait a while to do the actual swap. In a way it's sad, this is just a further sign that companies are getting rid of Victory parts.

2. vision_nut

vision_nut Moderator Staff Member Moderator

vision 08
    have you adjusted your bars back towards you

3. hunter3203

hunter3203 Member

2013 Victory Judge
    Yes. I'm not a fan of mini apes. The bars I have now are the same as stock Vegas bars. The ones I've ordered are just 2" more pullback. They're also the stock size on the 2014 Judge. There were lots of complaints regarding the short 2013 bars.

4. SAMPandian

SAMPandian Member

Victory Crosscountry Tour 13, Indian Chieftain, Scout 60
    share some pics one you installed them.

5. SoloSpec

SoloSpec Active Member

2013 Judge
    You might get away with the same cables and wiring. You will definitely need a longer brake line. I went with spiegler.

6. SoloSpec

SoloSpec Active Member

2013 Judge
    Hunter I think the bars that are in the kit are just Vegas bars. Let us know when you get them.

7. hunter3203

hunter3203 Member

2013 Victory Judge
    I got them and they're definitely not Vegas bars. They've got another two inches more of pullback. I checked the part #s against the Victory site before I ordered them. They match up perfectly with the 2014 Judge part #. I now have the original short 2013 bars that I took off, Gunner bars(same as Vegas) that I currently have installed and the newly received 2014 Judge bars. I'm attaching a couple of pics. It's hard to tell the exact measurements due to the bars being installed on the bike and different angles. But believe me, they're 2" longer in the pull back section.
    2014 Judge bars 2.jpg Gunner(Vegas) bars installed 2.jpg

8. hunter3203

hunter3203 Member

2013 Victory Judge
    If I was going from a Vegas to these bars, that would probably be true. But I've already rerouted the cables and wiring when I switched to my current bars. The wiring for instance is already a tight squeeze. My question would be if there's additional length that might be available under the tank. Did Victory come up with a unique length for the 2014 Judge or are they using one wiring harness and leaving extra length tied up out of the way?

9. SoloSpec

SoloSpec Active Member

2013 Judge
    Glad the bars are different. When I changed my bars on my 2013 Judge I used Vegas bars. Everything worked except for the brake line.

10. hunter3203

hunter3203 Member

2013 Victory Judge
    I've already done that modification. I was able to reroute and use the original stock brake line.

11. SoloSpec

SoloSpec Active Member

2013 Judge
    Any updates?

12. hunter3203

hunter3203 Member

2013 Victory Judge
    No. I've got to do some research on which cables I can use and the cost. I've actually been working on modifying my very uncomfortable seat. Put in some gel and I'm going to add some new foam flatten out the U shape of the seat and raise me up 1.5-2 inches. I'll probably need to get it recovered but I'll try to make the factory cover work first.

13. droarty

droarty Member

Victory Judge
    Sorry I'm a little late to the party here. I got that same deal on the bars for my 13 judge on eBay. It was a stretch but I managed to use all the original cables. Everything works fine and I've probably ridden 1000 miles since. It feels way better to me. Also found vegas forward controls for $150 new on eBay. They went on pretty easily. I did replace the brake pedal ($15 ebay) but not the shifter at first but eventually did because the judge shifter is so flat I had to really stretch for it. Replaced with a stock vegas shifter and it's great. Only challenge was the rear brake lines needed to be rerouted around front of frame which entailed bleeding the rear brakes. I'd never done it before but after some trial, error, and brake fluid all over my driveway I'm good to go! All in cost about $300 for bars and controls and all except brake pedal are new. I'll post some pics when I get a minute

14. droarty

droarty Member

Victory Judge
    More detailed pics to come

Attached Files:

15. ruger.

ruger. Member

we're waiting........;)

I'm very interested in these bars. I think as soon as I can free up a few extra bucks, I'm gonna jump on a set.