VOG Forum banner

When should Expired or Reserved marketplace ads be deactivated?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When should old Reserved or Expired marketplace ads be removed? It has been brought to my attention that the marketplace is absolutely littered with old ads that went as far back as 2011. We (I) can clean these up and make the listings much more accurate.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you get rid of the reserved thing? The problem being even if you have a question you have to "reserve " it thus locking the thread. Very un-user friendly.
I would love to. I don't have that ability, and the only one who might hasn't been heard from in over a year.

·
Registered
2013 Cross Country
652 Posts
@broggyr

When the seller creates the ad there is an option called "Reserve on Buy?" that controls the reserved thing. It defaults to Yes. Any way to change the default to No? That would solve that problem.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
2013 Cross Country
652 Posts
Here is my $0.02:

I like the idea of a history, whether sold or not, of the items on Marketplace. The history helps someone determine a fair price to list or to pay for something. That's not to say things should remain from 2011 but it does mean a year or two would be helpful (at least to me.)

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@broggyr

When the seller creates the ad there is an option called "Reserve on Buy?" that controls the reserved thing. It defaults to Yes. Any way to change the default to No? That would solve that problem.
Unfortunately, those options (if they even exist) are not available to me. I would love to be able to enable that, though.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Delete everything. Start over. Then maintain once a month clear out anything sold or reserved.
If the seller wants to relist the item that is on them.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Delete everything. Start over. Then maintain once a month clear out anything sold or reserved.
Sounds fair enough!
Don't most sheeple use Farcebook marketplace these daze anyway?

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I could do that, sure, but that also is a one-by-one ordeal. I have no access to any sort of bulk action tools. There is most likely nothing of the sort.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
could do that, sure, but that also is a one-by-one ordeal. I have no access to any sort of bulk action tools.
You got time, we'll wait & micro manage, times a wasting chop chop!!!! Kidding of course and thanks for being open 2 solutions cause we do appreciate it

• Haha
Reactions: broggyr

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Done yet? :)

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Poll closed. The 1-month option received almost 1/2 the votes, putting it far in 1st place. Marketplace ads will now be deavtivated after one month. All current ads older than one month are in the process of being deactivated.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
@broggyr come back. You got ads to remove. :)

• Haha
Reactions: normthenomad

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Poll closed. The 1-month option received almost 1/2 the votes, putting it far in 1st place. Marketplace ads will now be deavtivated after one month. All current ads older than one month are in the process of being deactivated.
Since it's such a high paying job you should accede to everyone's wishes immediately, if not sooner!
Once again. thanks for keeping this thing running. I belong to several motorcycle forums and this is the best of the lot.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
What’s a facebook marketplace

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Reactions: normthenomad
1 - 20 of 33 Posts