VOG Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2016 CTT stock. Battery cables were 1st thing I checked. This started end of 2019 riding season. When turning handle bars to the right, dash console starts shutting down. All indicator lights go out, with the exception of the blue high beam light. When I come back to the left, console show all lights like just turning the bike on, then go back to correct normal display. The bike still runs. I took the fairing off to see if any obvious wires frayed. I saw none. Kind of lost at this point.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Slow right turns I suppose, as with fast turns you aren't really turning the bars much. I would say you probably have something snagged on the left side, pulling on the connectors when you turn it right. Definitely pull the front fairing and check all of the cables specifically on the clutch side. Turn the wheel all the way right, check how tight the cables are. put it back to center and check again. There should be slack on all cables in all positions of the front end. Check the zip ties on the left side of the frame beneath and in front of the tank, those should not be tight, just loose enough the cables have a little movement. Do you feel any kind of drag when you move the bars all the way right? I would assume so but maybe not too noticeable.

Was anything modified in the fairing, was anything at all done that required removing the fairing or gas tank last year? If so, these are the areas I would start looking for the issue.

It's also possible, though less likely, that in the cable that runs from the left side of the frame to the dash has damaged wires inside from being crimped or pinched somewhere along the way, so look for the signs of this too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.